Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xzenonuk

Veteran
Kool, not touched a smoke in over 2 years thanks too the vaping, 4 or 5 chemicals instead of 4000 in smokes lol

I get lot of juice from bargain vapers 100 ml hangsen for about a tenner.

Check out the ukvapers forum loads of info on there.

I've only just found out about the nicotine free versions, that's really interesting.

One odd thing I've noticed is that because they don't burn up like real fags you tend to 'smoke' them for longer.

i found i dont use it as much , everyones different i suppose:thumbsup:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
You can also get nicotine from vegetables though, its in potatoes, tomatoes and sweet peppers for a start.
I shocked a nurse when I was in hospital with this factoid, we were talking about stopping smoking and she mentioned that it was quite usual for her to eat a whole punnit of cherry tomatoes "like sweeties". I told her "that's because of the nicotine in them". She'd thought they were better than eating sweets or chewing gum to take her mind off the fags.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You can also get nicotine from vegetables though, its in potatoes, tomatoes and sweet peppers for a start.
I shocked a nurse when I was in hospital with this factoid, we were talking about stopping smoking and she mentioned that it was quite usual for her to eat a whole punnit of cherry tomatoes "like sweeties". I told her "that's because of the nicotine in them". She'd thought they were better than eating sweets or chewing gum to take her mind off the fags.

Mind. Blown,

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I was pondering whether the more enterprisingly perps of this world might find a way of infusing the liquids with cannabis oil? I know in America folk can now get 'medicinals' but I always wondering just how unappealing 'rolling a fat one' would be to a 90 year old with glaucoma.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was pondering whether the more enterprisingly perps of this world might find a way of infusing the liquids with cannabis oil? I know in America folk can now get 'medicinals' but I always wondering just how unappealing 'rolling a fat one' would be to a 90 year old with glaucoma.
On that note, I was toying with the idea of getting a kit for my mother, who's 82 and still smokes but has had a recent chest infection. Problem is that her eyesight is so poor now that I doubt that she would be able to fill the chamber up. I suppose I could set a few up in advance for her but that's not always going to be possible.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
On that note, I was toying with the idea of getting a kit for my mother, who's 82 and still smokes but has had a recent chest infection. Problem is that her eyesight is so poor now that I doubt that she would be able to fill the chamber up. I suppose I could set a few up in advance for her but that's not always going to be possible.
I would be careful of the side affects . Myself I am going from feeling like having a stinking cold to being perfectly fine . I have read online that this is the toxins leaving my system aswell as people that stop smoking may get a cold but I cant help thinking that the vaping has something to do with it . It doesn't feel that bad but I wouldn't wish it on someone that wasn't in good health to start with .

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I would be careful of the side affects . Myself I am going from feeling like having a stinking cold to being perfectly fine . I have read online that this is the toxins leaving my system aswell as people that stop smoking may get a cold but I cant help thinking that the vaping has something to do with it . It doesn't feel that bad but I wouldn't wish it on someone that wasn't in good health to start with .
True but she's still smoking with a chest infection and, ever since my late father gave up, she smokes in the garden. It's getting chilly out there now. The occasional vape indoors can't do that much harm compared to that.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

This 'blu' system uses bits that screw together rather than needing to be topped up with liquids.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
True but she's still smoking with a chest infection and, ever since my late father gave up, she smokes in the garden. It's getting chilly out there now. The occasional vape indoors can't do that much harm compared to that.

With all due respect, if your mother is 82, she is hardly going to want to give up smoking, or start vaping. At your mothers age, you will not be able to make her change her mind, or persuade her to change her habits. Is she the sort of person who would change? Or take kindly to it even. If not, then personally I'd leave her alone. It isn't worth the hassle . If she is happy that's the important thing. And from vast experience NO ONE who smokes takes kindly to anyone trying to make them do what others want. But good luck if you decide to have a go.

RWright

Guru
They make some now with some pretty large tanks. I have been using an Ecig for over two years. I have used the ones from Totally Wickedhttp://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co.uk/, they are UK based but have a warehouse here in the US too. I am currently using what they call a Tornado Tank. I think it is made by Joyetech http://www.joyetech.com/, who calls it an eGo-T.

There are many "later and greater" models out now from Joyetech and others. I will stick with what I have until they are depleted but I am pretty sure I will be looking at Joyetech when I get something different. Either thru Totally Wicked or somewhere else. I will have to do a little research before I change but there are tons of reviews on Youtube. I feel better using an ecig than I did while smoking but I don't know if it is safer than smoking but I like to think it is.
Finding the right ecig and "juice" makes switching over from cigarettes much easier. I stopped cigarettes the day I got mine. It is much cleaner with no dirty ash trays and lingering smoke smell in the house. I would find it hard to go back to regular cigarettes now. My ecig can give hits hard enough that it makes cigarettes seem very weak to me now. (I tried a cigarette or two after a while just for comparison). I know I should probably give up ecigs as well but I find them much more tolerable now than smoking tobacco.

It won't be long til the government start taxing the liquid. :cursing:

North Carolina has already passed legislation to get their grubby little paws in on the action.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
With all due respect, if your mother is 82, she is hardly going to want to give up smoking, or start vaping. At your mothers age, you will not be able to make her change her mind, or persuade her to change her habits. Is she the sort of person who would change? Or take kindly to it even. If not, then personally I'd leave her alone. It isn't worth the hassle . If she is happy that's the important thing. And from vast experience NO ONE who smokes takes kindly to anyone trying to make them do what others want. But good luck if you decide to have a go.
She's not that stuck in her ways (as long as I take her to Aldi once a week and to her yoga class on Friday morning.). There are very different 82s.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
True , maybe introduce her to it and see how she goes . Myself I went for a total swap so maybe im just having a bit of a shock to the system .

Top Bottom