Vaping

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Peps

NRT didn't work for me but ecigs did. I smoked for over 30 years and it wasn't just a nicotine addiction but the habit as well which was why gum or patches were next to useless for me.
@Cuchilo I got one on a whim as well and have smoked one cig in the last year which I found totally disgusting and have no desire to smoke.at all and will stop the ecig next month now I am on nicotine free liquid. If you can stop vaping soon great but I thought it better to continue until I was 100% sure I would never smoke again.

As an aside the Allen Carr industry seems to be less accepting of criticism than North Korea. Shortly after I stopped I saw the Allen Carr website saying ecigs didn't work and submitted a comment saying they worked for me and the majority of people I knew had stopped smoking had done it using them. The post is still awaiting moderation after 9 months!

tyred

Legendary Member
I have read the Allen Carr book in the past, took a lot of his points on board but just continued on smoking without a care in the world. I realise it works for many so great but while reading it, my overwhelming thought was "what a smug, pretentious prat!" There was just something about the tone which got my back up.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Think I've said before on CC about how I quit (and I used to enjoy everything about smoking). Cut down to 20 a day, then 15, then 10, then 5 ... then divided the final 5 into 2 one day, 2 the next and on the final day got ready to enjoy my last ever cigarette. Mug of coffee, settled down ... and felt so sick after the first drag that I stamped it out and haven't wanted one since. In fact, just the smell of cigarettes on other people makes me gag.

The real trick was changing the habit. I used to smoke two on the way to work and then one before going in, so changed it to one half way to work and one when I got there, then ditched the one in the car altogether. Later changes included no smoking til lunchtime, then no smoking til after work etc.

It worked for me.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I have read the Allen Carr book in the past, took a lot of his points on board but just continued on smoking without a care in the world. I realise it works for many so great but while reading it, my overwhelming thought was "what a smug, pretentious prat!" There was just something about the tone which got my back up.

I read it, and it did help a bit, but I saw right through his 'method' from the start, which made me a bit resistant to it for some reason.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Think I've said before on CC about how I quit (and I used to enjoy everything about smoking). Cut down to 20 a day, then 15, then 10, then 5 ... then divided the final 5 into 2 one day, 2 the next and on the final day got ready to enjoy my last ever cigarette. Mug of coffee, settled down ... and felt so sick after the first drag that I stamped it out and haven't wanted one since. In fact, just the smell of cigarettes on other people makes me gag.

The real trick was changing the habit. I used to smoke two on the way to work and then one before going in, so changed it to one half way to work and one when I got there, then ditched the one in the car altogether. Later changes included no smoking til lunchtime, then no smoking til after work etc.

It worked for me.

Wow, you smoked a lot! Well done for quitting!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I think I've had enough of this vaping lark. I'm still on the 'blu' e-cig but am just chuffing away on It late at night when having a beer or glass of wine, which is certainly the trigger for wanting to smoke. But I'm waking up in the mornings with what I swear feels like a smoker's cough. Could be the tail end of this cold I've got I suppose.

I talked at length with my band mates about their vapourisers and it feels like I'm at something of a crossroads - I could invest in a proper vape thing (instead of the e-cig I currently have) or I could just stop entirely.

With almost all my smoking friends now vaping there's no tobacco to scrounge in weak moments.

Most importantly the baccy I bought a few weeks ago is still sat in a drawer and I have zero interest in smoking any of it.

xzenonuk

Veteran
Just get an ego battery and some mid or small tanks, much better,

BTW smoking hides a lot of issues that it produces.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Just get an ego battery and some mid or small tanks, much better,

BTW smoking hides a lot of issues that it produces.

Huh? To the issues bit.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I think I've had enough of this vaping lark. I'm still on the 'blu' e-cig but am just chuffing away on It late at night when having a beer or glass of wine, which is certainly the trigger for wanting to smoke. But I'm waking up in the mornings with what I swear feels like a smoker's cough. Could be the tail end of this cold I've got I suppose.

I talked at length with my band mates about their vapourisers and it feels like I'm at something of a crossroads - I could invest in a proper vape thing (instead of the e-cig I currently have) or I could just stop entirely.

With almost all my smoking friends now vaping there's no tobacco to scrounge in weak moments.

Most importantly the baccy I bought a few weeks ago is still sat in a drawer and I have zero interest in smoking any of it.
Ive started on the weaker nicotine vape now and to be honest I don't notice it from the medium one . I also have baccy in a draw but I wont be smoking it !
I want to kick the vaping aswell but I'm going to keep hold of it for those drinking moments as the last thing I want to do is go back to smoking .
I went back to where I bought mine at the weekend and had a chat with the guy and it seems this one with a bigger battery http://www.ecigwizard.com/electronic-cigarette-starter-kits/ is a good tool for quitting nicotine . He seemed to think anything bigger would have me hooked on vaping and anything smaller wouldn't really work .
Edit to add the battery http://www.ecigwizard.com/accessories/bc/batteries/the-orbit.html

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
well I ignored my own advise and bought this one http://www.theaceofvapez.co.uk/#!product/prd1/3301715241/aspire-atlantis-full-subω-kit
I don't find it as effective as the smaller one as the nicotine is a lot lower but I guess that's a good thing .
Ive just gone onto the stronger nicotine vape again as this last two days I have been really struggling :thumbsdown: I cant believe that nearly a month in and I am seriously gasping for a smoke :angry:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
well I ignored my own advise and bought this one http://www.theaceofvapez.co.uk/#!product/prd1/3301715241/aspire-atlantis-full-subω-kit
I don't find it as effective as the smaller one as the nicotine is a lot lower but I guess that's a good thing .
Ive just gone onto the stronger nicotine vape again as this last two days I have been really struggling :thumbsdown: I cant believe that nearly a month in and I am seriously gasping for a smoke :angry:

Stick with it, it took me 6 months of using patches and the fake plastic cig before I could stop the cravings, but 7 years down the line I am still a non smoker :thumbsup:

Peteaud

Veteran

Well i quit 3 years ago today :angel:

I found the 1 month - 2 months bit very difficult, its the niggling gremlin trying to get to you, don,t let them.

1 month, well done.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
well I ignored my own advise and bought this one http://www.theaoverwhelming I.uk/#!product/prd1/3301715241/aspire-atlcravingull-subω-kit

It can take months for the cravings to go completely. Even after 14 months, now and again i would get a sudden overwhelming urge for a cigarette. Stick with it. The craving wont last long.

Top Bottom