Vapour Trails.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I took these photos from our patio at 0730ish this morning.
Sent them to my daughter who then sent me a link to a BBC site with similar photos.
Some people say beautiful.
Others get their knickers in a twist about polution.
Me.......I can see both sides.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are back..... been nice not seeing any though. Send that sunshine 25 miles to the East please... Cloudy here.

Hence condensation trails / contrails :smile:
Gosh. That seems like something I OUGHT to have known already :P

I keep looking at the sky over Afghanistan. There is almost nothing flying over it .
I watched it quite a lot during the 'evacuation' - it was interesting to see what was there
since that ended I have seen a few things - mostly headed for Pakistan - some civliian airliners but labelled (on F24) as RAF

but basically everyone seems to be avoiding it!

As far as contrails are concerned (he said returning to the topic!) we get very few round here - a lot of the planes are too low to create one due to the airport nearby
Where I grew up there was a major turning point for trans Atlantic planes just overhead so we saw a lot

DRM

Guru
Just come back in, noticed a couple of condensation trails, then spotted an aircraft, heading from a North Westerly direction, a fair way off, and already very high, climbing hard and fast then levelling off, bit too far off for leaving Leeds/Bradford and wrong direction to be Manchester from this location.

Top Bottom