Varia rear light worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely awful conditions today on the bike. Lots of huge puddles to avoid and having the radar on really helps you to choose your path through the flooding without continually having to check behind.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Absolutely awful conditions today on the bike. Lots of huge puddles to avoid and having the radar on really helps you to choose your path through the flooding without continually having to check behind.
Yes, that’s the sort of situation where it is useful. It really helps knowing what’s behind when you are trying to pick a way through puddles Or potholes. It will never replace looking over a shoulder and listening but it is a valuable addition.

mikeIow

Guru
To be honest the battery capacity of the newer one (RTL515) than my older one (RTL510) that I no longer feel the need to switch the light off. The older one didn't have sufficient battery to last a full all day ride. The newer one does.

I’d agree with that: I find it can easily do 6+ hours, & rarely will I pedal for longer!
Plus, the low-energy flash changes when a vehicle approaches, so I figure it will help make me more visible (& hence safer…it was bought as a safety device under the safety budget 🤪🤣) 👍

Top Bottom