Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I'm in a similiar position, I've just had an angiogram - in the groin - (mornings got it in the wrist afternoons got it in the groin)
just wondering when its ok to get back on the bike - or turbotrainer-
I was figuring when it stopped rain, warmed up a bit and the roads weren,t under 2" of cow s*** and flood water.
(and thats just the turbotrainer!)
Didn't you get any advice on discharge? At least 48 hrs no strenuous exercise/lifting, but a week is usually advised. Follow the advice you were given. For example http://www.icid.salisbury.nhs.uk/Cl...c Catheretisation femoral approach PI0295.pdf

Licramite

Über Member
yes I got similiar - Light house work is allowed - I don't work in a lighthouse? - all those steps blimy, I'm still bruised to buggery, it would kill me climbing all those.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Well as expected, it would be difficult for me to prove negligence. A follow on complaint to the PALS team at my Trust is needed. The bear minimum I want is a review of practice at GPs to warn folk about the consequences, and not to deny any knowledge of complications.

compo

Veteran
It's the talk about injections that make me twitch. I had the snip sometime in the late 1970's (can't recall exactly) and had it done under a general anaesthetic. No way was I having needles down there if there was anyway not to!

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
[QUOTE 2978799, member: 45"]...by the way, it's scalpel-free these days. A 3mm puncture wound with some burny thing and then 5 minutes of fiddling. Had a good chat about global warming while he was playing with me.[/QUOTE]

that conjures up some seriously disturbing images.
i will admit to having a moment of panic as the nurse got the cauterizing tool a little too close to my tool. 0_o

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
[QUOTE 2981671, member: 45"]You watched???

Well, I'm three days in and no pain whatsoever. Yet.[/QUOTE]
yeah sat up and watched, was quite interesting tbh.

Boyfrom64

Veteran
The worst point for me was after having a bath the day after the operation, standing up and gravity playing its part.

The most embarrassing part was going back in to work and after telling my boss why I had, had to extend the couple of days holiday I had booked him then asking me how my black balls were whilst I was sat in a Call Centre full of women

byegad

Legendary Member
I had mine done under a local in the late 80s. the scar was all of 0.8cm long and I was fine apart from a very draggy stitch from the minute I walked out. The stitch was supposed to fall out by itself but I took it out with a pair of nail clippers on day 4 or 5 as the scar had not only started to heal but lost most of the scab. I was back on my bike the next day after the stitch was out. As to other 'activities' I had it done on the Thursday evening at 6.15pm and rather (pleasantly) surprised my lady on that Friday night. :smooch::becool:

byegad

Legendary Member
As euphemisms go. Yes!

Really I had no issues. Now my cowardly boss had his done under a general anaesthetic and to quote his immortal words, needed a wheelbarrow for a week!

Apparently even when 'out' if somebody grabs your nadgers you tense up and they consequently have to erm.. welll... shall we say? Pull back on them to gain access to the vas.

Colin B

Never had a problem with mine offered to knock me out so I took that option woke up piece of toast and a stitch check and home . Worst bit was I had no car so my mum came and I drove hers to take the test sample kinda embarrassing having your mum holding a tub of your gentleman gravy . Please feel free to delete this if its a tad too vulgar

Top Bottom