Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, that smarts a bit. (Just got home)

Wish I had more Valium.

Some, but a picnic compared to root canal/ tooth extraction. The doctor and nurse who did it were excellent though, incredibly supportive and distracting from the moment.

Co-codamol is my friend right now (due some more actually) and rather than frozen peas, it's the hot water bottle that's helping. Walking around is a bad idea though, and I had to drop boy off at school - cue aching like a motherflipper.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Supportive grundies. I still have to wear them which is a royal pain. Sounds like your doc was OK. The aneasthetic didn't work on lefty and it stung rather alot.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
got to say foss you sound like you had a right mare with yours

other then the nurse waving the cauterizing tool a little to close to my tool i actually sat up and watched for mine, the doc was horrified i'd happily watch someone mutilate me.
i did get pretty bad pains afterwards mind, took about a week for that kicked in the nuts feeling to go.

fossyant

got to say foss you sound like you had a right mare with yours

other then the nurse waving the cauterizing tool a little to close to my tool i actually sat up and watched for mine, the doc was horrified i'd happily watch someone mutilate me.
i did get pretty bad pains afterwards mind, took about a week for that kicked in the nuts feeling to go.

Mine are fubared. The left, I now know, was a mess after the original surgery, as the epididymis was, according to my surgeon, "dilated and stuck down" and "one of the hardest surgeries he has had ever had". My line manager hasn't said much at work as I've had some days off here and there, but he has said, "you are going to sue these bar stewards aren't you"

Short route home tonight. Clocked up 30 over today, but leftie was playing up on the way home. Hope it is ok for Sunday as I have a fifty miler. Not done one since early last year due to problems.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Mine are fubared. The left, I now know, was a mess after the original surgery, as the epididymis was, according to my surgeon, "dilated and stuck down" and "one of the hardest surgeries he has had ever had". My line manager hasn't said much at work as I've had some days off here and there, but he has said, "you are going to sue these bar stewards aren't you"

Short route home tonight. Clocked up 30 over today, but leftie was playing up on the way home. Hope it is ok for Sunday as I have a fifty miler. Not done one since early last year due to problems.
hope you get it sorted soon bud, not good to be getting pains still this long after.

Licramite

Über Member
I'm in a similiar position, I've just had an angiogram - in the groin - (mornings got it in the wrist afternoons got it in the groin)
just wondering when its ok to get back on the bike - or turbotrainer-
I was figuring when it stopped rain, warmed up a bit and the roads weren,t under 2" of cow shoot and flood water.
(and thats just the turbotrainer!)

fossyant

I'm in a similiar position, I've just had an angiogram - in the groin - (mornings got it in the wrist afternoons got it in the groin)
just wondering when its ok to get back on the bike - or turbotrainer-
I was figuring when it stopped rain, warmed up a bit and the roads weren,t under 2" of cow s*** and flood water.
(and thats just the turbotrainer!)

When the wound has healed. You don't want to be riding a bike with an open wound.

Licramite

Über Member
it looks nothing , other than the bruising - looks like I've been kicked in the balls, - but they have punctured my femeral artery and I do't want to stress the wound on that.
I think I will take the wheels off and fit paddles. -

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
you guys are making me wince and its all flooding back to me the pain I was in post Op! I stayed of the bike for about 3 weeks, the twins play pen was in a right state.

Top Bottom