Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Finally got a date for repairs/removal works :ohmy:

7th October, flippin 12 months after the original op. :angry:

Got to have my epididimis removed (plumbing) and they are also 'hopefully' tidying up the mess caused by the severed blood vessel - this bit is giving me the most pain. If it's successful (50%) then they will consider the other ball - can't do both at once, too risky.

Hopefully I'll be back on the mend for 2014 season, and actually get some big miles in with the Club.

The plus/bad side is I've got 2 visits to Alton Towers coming up - I get to sip coffee all day instead of riding rollercoasters ! :sad:

Shaun

Founder
@fossyant - good luck and I hope it all works out okay!! :blink:

Domeo

The worst part was the mandatory counselling before you can have it done. That's half an hour of my life I won't be able to get back.

compo

Veteran
I had mine done in a NHS hospital under general anaesthetic over 30 years ago. Had no problems whatsoever, thankfully. Waste of time though. Before remarrying I still had to use condoms because of the risk of STD's, dammit!

fossyant

Counselling, what was that. Saw the male GP at the practice, 'oh it's that time is it', immediate referral and appointment withinn 3 weeks. Saw my GP when problems started (male GP is the husband of my GP) and she said he won't get it done. :eek: What does that say.

fossyant

I have just read the horror stories, and all I can say is ... Yikes! :eek:

As a total wimp and needle-phobe, I think that dating only safely post-menopausal women is the way to go! :laugh:

Being gay is an option I think. Someone should have told me. :tongue: I have a gay male colleague who is a bit :eek: OMG about the situation. Bet he's glad he isn't straight. :laugh:

fossyant

Thats the best option Colin.

Speicher

Vice Admiral

Domeo

Counselling, what was that.

It was the week before the op. You actually have to see a counsellor (as opposed to a nurse/some random admin). There were questions along the lines of 'have you considered what would if you divorced?', 'what if you child was killed or died due to cancer?', 'you know that if the worst were to happen, the NHS would not do the reverse procedure?'. She was (I think deliberately so) particularly matter of fact about dying a child.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Counselling? :tongue:

Mine was done under a local and it seemed as if the operation was being done in the public corridor with lots of people just wandering through on their way to somewhere else. + I counted at least 6 nurses at any one time...

The anaesthetist even managed to slip in the immortal line, "You'll feel a little prick..." I think they were taking bets.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The anaesthetist even managed to slip in the immortal line, "You'll feel a little prick..." I think they were taking bets.
The NHS has definitely banned that phrase! Since I got ill last year, I must have needles stuck in me on at least 20 occasions and every single time, the nurse said "You will just feel a sharp scratch"! I'm sure that they are all working to some official memo.

Top Bottom