Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
I had this done about thirty years ago, how the happy memories come flooding back. Mine was done under local, no discomfort during the procedure but odd sensations of tugging and pulling going on.
Post op, I had a lot of discomfort and was off doing anything strenuous for about three weeks. It's the only time I've seen the old clockweights with a polished surface, and my what a funny colour they were!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still in pain 13 weeks later. Eased up over Xmas as I didn't do any exercise, but it's back. Been to Urology, told to come back in three months as they didn't want to 'make it worse' than it is now. GP has referred me to physio as left leg keeps going numb/pins and needles (3-4 months wait) - nearly fell off the running machine this week - leg just 'went'.

I'd hoped weekend rides would be back on, but 40-50 minutes on the bike in one go and I've had enough at the moment. :eek:

Anyone any good with hacksaws ? :tongue:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've always pondered getting this done but we're not sure if one kid is enough at the moment - the thought of having two seems insane but it is waaaaaaaaay too early to make that call. Just a few points that haven't been mentioned:
  • A friend told me the strangest part of his snip was the doctor asking the nurse for 'his template'
  • The wires attached to a coil can feel like your lad is being jabbed with the top of a compass
  • A different friend of mine woke up after having his wisdom teeth out with heavily bruised knackers...

Graham

I've always pondered getting this done but we're not sure if one kid is enough at the moment - the thought of having two seems insane but it is waaaaaaaaay too early to make that call. Just a few points that haven't been mentioned:
  • A friend told me the strangest part of his snip was the doctor asking the nurse for 'his template'
  • The wires attached to a coil can feel like your lad is being jabbed with the top of a compass
  • A different friend of mine woke up after having his wisdom teeth out with heavily bruised knackers...

I wish I hadn't read that with a mouthful of coffee.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Leverage. Nuff said.
When I had my wisdom teeth out under a local, the dentist had his knee on my chest for leverage!

compo

Veteran
I had it done in the mid 70's under general anaesthetic. No way was I haveing needles "down there". Done Friday and back at work Monday. A few years later I became divorced and playing the field and the real p*ss take was having to still wear condoms because of the rise in STD's.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I had it done in the mid 70's under general anaesthetic. No way was I haveing needles "down there". Done Friday and back at work Monday. A few years later I became divorced and playing the field and the real p*ss take was having to still wear condoms because of the rise in STD's.

I had mine done on the NHS under a general anaesthetic. No way was I having needles down there! I was a little tender for about 24 hours but then all was fine and I was back at work on the Monday. (They did vasectomies on Friday).

Adding insult to injury when I later became single again I still had to use condoms because of the risk of STD's.

De ja vue - they've changed something in the Matrix!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I've just remembered another vasectomy story...

A mate of mine who I was working with had the snip but was utterly laid up in bed zonked out of his mind on brutal painkillers. I visited and asked why he was in such bad shape after having the snip. He told me that one of his plums hadn't dropped when he was younger but they had located it recently so decided to push it down through his body and pop it out to where it should be while giving him the snip.

Top Bottom