Vasectomy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never. Never. Never.

I admire anyone who has the balls to do this.

compo

Veteran
I had mine done on the NHS under a general anaesthetic. No way was I having needles down there! I was a little tender for about 24 hours but then all was fine and I was back at work on the Monday. (They did vasectomies on Friday).

Adding insult to injury when I later became single again I still had to use condoms because of the risk of STD's.

As an aside compared to a torsion of the testicle (twisted bollock) a vasectomy is nothing. I speak from personal experience.

tadpole

I had mine done on the NHS under a general anaesthetic. No way was I having needles down there! I was a little tender for about 24 hours but then all was fine and I was back at work on the Monday. (They did vasectomies on Friday).

Adding insult to injury when I later became single again I still had to use condoms because of the risk of STD's.

As an aside compared to a torsion of the testicle (twisted bollock) a vasectomy is nothing. I speak from personal experience.
Oh god yes, the pain I am assured by trained nurses is fully comparable to childbirth (without pain killers) I too speak from personal experience (of both).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The only thing that was painful was the zapping of the tubes. The injections were fine. No impressive swelling, they just look like shrivelled prunes now.....Think the doc whipped them out. Got to laugh. Won't be doing that again. LOL

fossyant

After our baby is safely born in feb ill be in for the chop too. More worried about time off the bike than anything else. At least I have my priorities right!

That was my worry, hence I held off till Autumn. Wife was wised up to that 'you are only worried about your cycling', too right, but I didn't tell her that.

OP
OP
Downward

Downward

Guru
Yeah some go fine I felt ok but got an infection. Not really Pain

fossyant

Oh heck. See what they can do. Could be a few causes. The doc only just touched on the issue of chronic pain, and sort of shuffled off the questions yesterday.

Top Bottom