Vatternrundan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Me and the rarely sighted Zoom are off to it this year. 2009 is full though, has been since early January.

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

I've been offered a place. Furthest I've cycled in one hit is 73 miles. Gives me about 10 weeks to get into shape. . . .Hmmmm.

Have either of you done it before?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kablinsky said:
I've been offered a place. Furthest I've cycled in one hit is 73 miles. Gives me about 10 weeks to get into shape. . . .Hmmmm.

Have either of you done it before?

I believe this will be a trip to the shops for Zoom, but its out of my comfort zone (40th birthday 'treat').

My only extra preparation has involved paying a physio to poke my left knee and tut.

You know you want to. Go on go on go on go on go on go on go on go on!

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

That's why i'm looking at doing it too. 40th in August. Want to accomplish something like this before the body parts start dropping off. Guess I'd better get my first century sorted pretty damn sharpish.

yep I know I want to. It's that dissaproving voice in my head (no, not the wife, the other one) that tells me i'll be a physical and mental wreck.

Zoom

Über Member
(rarely seen) yes I registered here as I could get onto it at work unlike certain other places, but here's been disabled as well :smile:

Kablinsky; go for it :ohmy: after all if you get half way round the only way back will be to either ride all the way or swim!

Hardly a trip to the shops for me; I'm aiming for 12hrs which will be my fastest ever 300 by about 2 hrs (and yes it's my first time; longest ever overseas ride apart from PBP)

Anyone want to do a 220 km training ride across the Fens on Good Friday (starting from Huntingdon)? I'm stepping up to 300 / 400s after that.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Zoom said:
(rarely seen) yes I registered here as I could get onto it at work unlike certain other places, but here's been disabled as well :sad:
Hi Zoom!
Zoom said:
Kablinsky; go for it :ohmy: after all if you get half way round the only way back will be to either ride all the way or swim!
Have you ever thought of going into motivational speaking?:smile:
Zoom said:
Hardly a trip to the shops for me; I'm aiming for 12hrs which will be my fastest ever 300 by about 2 hrs.
Too modest I'm sure. Getting round with functioning knees before the start of the Swedish winter is my most realistic goal.

Zoom said:
Anyone want to do a 220 km training ride across the Fens on Good Friday (starting from Huntingdon)? I'm stepping up to 300 / 400s after that.

Now that is just showing off!:smile: Mind you, I could do with some Fens riding. My commute home packs in 600 metres of 'up' in 24 miles and I'm not built for the mountains.:sad::biggrin:

See you there Z.

Zoom

Über Member
well actually I'm stepping up to one 300 and one 400 after Easter ;) LEL is going to have to start without me.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Zoom said:
well actually I'm stepping up to one 300 and one 400 after Easter :biggrin: LEL is going to have to start without me.

LEL? LOL!

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

It would appear the strong painkillers i'm on for my back have seriously affected my judgement as I've just confirmed my place for this event. My old specialized is now on ebay and I need a new bike pretty damn sharpish. Thinking of spalshing out on a Madone 5.2 08 (comfortable and fast. . . apparently, which seems to be the route I should be going down).

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Kablinsky said:
It would appear the strong painkillers i'm on for my back have seriously affected my judgement as I've just confirmed my place for this event. My old specialized is now on ebay and I need a new bike pretty damn sharpish. Thinking of spalshing out on a Madone 5.2 08 (comfortable and fast. . . apparently, which seems to be the route I should be going down).

GET IN!

A new bike 10 weeks before a 300km ride is (puts on Sir Humphrey tone) 'courageous'. Still, a gentleman needs his motivation.:wahhey:

Zoom

Über Member
Kablinsky said:
It would appear the strong painkillers i'm on for my back have seriously affected my judgement as I've just confirmed my place for this event

good decision; you'll love it :biggrin:

what time is your start?

and BTW; I hadn't even ridden my first Audax when I was 40 was still pootling about on 100km rides, plenty of time to ride that body into the ground :tongue:

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

8.20pm start time.

It's amazing how your perspective changes. I never thought I'd ever consider 100km as pootling about. LOL.

Bollo, I'm not even considering getting back on the bike until next weekend. I'll be fighting fit by then. Moved the physio appointment forward to monday for an extra days recovery.

Top Bottom