Vatternrundan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoom

Über Member
where are you both staying in Motala? be good to get a UK grupetto together even if not on the actual ride (I should be recognisable by Union Flags on my sleeves)

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Zoom said:
where are you both staying in Motala? be good to get a UK grupetto together even if not on the actual ride (I should be recognisable by Union Flags on my sleeves)

I'm staying at the main campsite thingy - Camping Rassnasudden. I'll be arriving about midday on the 12th as I'm planning to stay in Lund on the 11th and do a bit of sightseeing. If I make it back in one piece my time is free as long as I can get back to Esbjerg by midday on the 15th for the ferry.

It'd be good to meet up. I'll be recognisable as a hefty man with an advert for Absinthe on his chest - seriously.

Cappiello_maurin_quina_1920_2746.jpg

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

All I know is that the accommodation is 500m from the start line. Definitely have to meet up. Just head for the local hospital after the ride and look for the man with the physique like Charles Atlas. . . . .ooops that's a typo. I mean Charles Hawtrey. Failing that I'll be in the Team CFC colours (look towards the back of the group)

http://www.cyclistsfightingcancer.org.uk/

Zoom

Über Member
booked a bed in the hostel both ways at Vingaker; 230SKR + 50 for sheets
shocked.gif

I could almost buy the Ikea sofa of the same name for that, I'm going to try to avoid all financial transactions as much as poss from now on; good thing Sweden didn't go into the euro...
modify_inline.gif

Zoom

Über Member
Brainstorm said:
I agreed to do it with my mates after a few pints. I must be mad!

what's your start time? mine's 02.32; the 12 hr time is a silly fantasy but we'll see on the day....

Brainstorm

Not sure of my start time, think it was sometime in the middle of the night. I am hoping to do it in 12 hours as well, but think it may be wishful thinking.

From mates who have done this ride before I have been told the biggest thing that can go wrong is the weather.

I checked the altitude profile and at least that does not look so bad. It is flat-ish.

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

The guys at the charity must have booked really early. Our start time is 20.20. I'll plan for 14 hours. Anything else is a bonus.

Judging by the footage on youtube the weather indeed looks changeable. And it's pretty chilly during the night by all accounts. Knee-warmers at the ready!

Zoom

Über Member
anybody interested in meeting up in Motala for a pre ride briefing Thursday night?

(if it's in a bar in Sweden it may be a very short meeting but we could use another venue such as a campsite; I plan to be in the gym that night)

and another celebratory one on the Saturday?

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

Zoom said:
anybody interested in meeting up in Motala for a pre ride briefing Thursday night?

(if it's in a bar in Sweden it may be a very short meeting but we could use another venue such as a campsite; I plan to be in the gym that night)

Yeah, go for it. I'll be there. . . . .especially the one on saturday.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Zoom said:

You are a sick, sick man Zoom!

I'm arriving in Motala around lunchtime on the Friday, so unfortunately I won't be around for any Thursday night gym sessions. :tongue:

I'm going to pop a few cases of dizzy-water in the back of the car to avoid the worst of the Swedish beer prices. Luckily, my mum taught me to share.

Zoom and Kab, will PM you with new contact phone number tonight!

OP
OP
Kablinsky

Kablinsky

Does 'gym' mean something else in Swedish?

Just as well someone mentioned on here that Sweden doesn't use the euro. Could have been embarassing. Schoolboy error!

Top Bottom