Veho Muvi issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

BenM said:
My Muvi records continuously in separate 30min files so for a 50 minute fride I get 1 30 min avi and one 20 min avi with no operator intervetion. It tends to run out of battery if I forget to charge it.

My routine is :

• switch on Muvi (VOX off);
  • wait for dark blue LED (it is lighter to begin with);
  • press record button wait for flashing green;
  • ride;
  • press record button and wait for bark blue again;
  • switch off.

I use a microSD - SD adapter to get the .avi files onto which ever computer/OS i happen to be using cos the cam itself is rather slow.

My helmet mount has cracked as described in the OP but still works well enough. I have the lanyard hooped through the helmet to prevent catastrophic bracket failure causing loss of the camera.

+1 me too. Doesnt work properly on VOX so I set it to record and at the 30mins it creates a new file. This is a proper Muvi too. Battery life is between 1 hour and 1hr 30mins. So the 2GB card does me just fine as the battery is usually the first thing to go.

BSRU

A Human Being
I had similar problems with mine, eventually sent it back for a refund and purchased a contour HD. The Muvi mounts are not very tough, I have two waterproof cases which broke first time I tried to use them, fortunately got a refund, expensive cheap rubbish is my overall opinion of the Muvi. I have two MD80 clones but I new they were cheap when I bought them, so did not expect too much of them, they have performed far better than the muvi.

I have bought two from Maplins Bishopsgate this afternoon.....I took the plunge @ £49.99 to be told by the nice man behind the till the price had dropped at £39.99 a throw.So now I have four,I already had 2 beforehand..They are white...my original MUVIS are black.

BSRU

A Human Being
Have you ever managed to get more than 20fps from any of your Muvi's.

I only buy stuff begrudgingly from Maplins if it is an emergency, like Saturday evening when I needed a PC power supply because mine had just blown up. Maplins always seems to be more expensive, for everything I look at, than on line retailers I use and their "experts" seem to have been trained by PC World.

I thought it was more than 20fps...I don't find Maplins too bad but I suppose they are slightly more expensive and I could have ordered off of Ebay but im still waiting for some lights from SJS Cycles so it's put me off ordering off of the intranet...I ordered them on 26 April.I've got six full rush hour commutes coming up so I wanted the MUVI clones fast.

It says 25fps on the MUVI clone box.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
hackbike 666 said:
I thought it was more than 20fps...I don't find Maplins too bad but I suppose they are slightly more expensive and I could have ordered off of Ebay but im still waiting for some lights from SJS Cycles so it's put me off ordering off of the intranet...I ordered them on 26 April.I've got six full rush hour commutes coming up so I wanted the MUVI clones fast.

It says 25fpi on the MUVI clone box.

Just analysed one of my vids. BSRU is indeed correct. They are 20fps on my class 6 micro SD card. I wonder if you can get more with a higher class card or if that is a limit caused by the device itself.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
hackbike 666 said:
How did you find out?

(This has got to be a stupid question)

Not at all. I used an AVI analyser programme called AVIcodec by Philippe Duby. Great little tool and can be grabbed from the authors site here.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After a lot of mucking about i finally got mine to work;)

I have a similar length commute and last night i tested it and i did it in 36 minutes .of which it recorded the lot.
Not sure about home run as i tried to used a phone emergency charger with a mni usb adaptor and i think it was trying to charge the rechargeable battery rather than the right way.

With all the mucking about with the supplier i have ended up with 2 clones for the price of one,i may use 1 each way to ensure that it records the whole commute.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The only issue I've had is the bracket top mounts snapping, dunno how it snapped....didn't matter as the cover keeps the unit on. Get over an hour on a charge now it's got a 'bit' warmer. I use the vox function and it does the job fine 2 x files per longer commute.

Mine is the metal AEE MD80 - i.e. identical to the Muvi. Looks like thay are all a bit 'iffy - but for the money/size/ease of use.... I don't care

C

chillyuk

Does the subject matter affect the amount of video the card can store.
I put my new camera onto record the other night facing my TV and it recorded for 2 hours. I tried it on my helmet this morning for the first time and it filled the 4gb card in just under an hour, on a sunny country ride. I am using the cheapy SD card it came with, but have tonight ordered a class 6 8gb card which hopefully will help smooth out the video and increase the capacity.

marinbearvalley

chillyuk said:
Does the subject matter affect the amount of video the card can store.
I put my new camera onto record the other night facing my TV and it recorded for 2 hours. I tried it on my helmet this morning for the first time and it filled the 4gb card in just under an hour, on a sunny country ride.

In low light conditions (such as facing the TV) the frames per second will drop as it compensates. Hence it will use less space and record for longer.

Regarding the battery, at least with the clone, it does not stop charging - hence why it can get very warm. This is not good for the battery and will reduce its life.

As has been said already there are big differences in terms of fps and recording times between the clone and the original.

P.S. Good to see no further reports of the USB mains charger exploding.

I have two MUVI's and two MUVI clones now.:blush:

Filmed today but nothing happened on the fixie...(makes a change)

Normal bike tommorow with car horn...and MUVI's fitted.

Top Bottom