Veho Muvi issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
chillyuk said:
On my ride this morning my camera (MD80) did 20 odd short segments. Pretty well the whole ride was filmed but not in one continuous shot as it has been doing.

I wish it would do that as standard, I often (almost always) only want to upload a 10 sec (or so) clip and I have to "move" the entire 30 minute file across to my HD just to crop out 10 seconds...life's too short

if I want one long film, i'll stitch them together in movie maker.

BSRU

A Human Being
hackbike 666 said:
Seem to be coming down in price also.

Maybe they are coming down in price because they no longer make them, they must be going to launch a new upgraded one soon. When I returned my faulty Muvi, Ebuyer were going to replace it until they found out Veho could not supply them any more.

Wobbly John

Veteran
I have had endless problems with 'push button' types of these cameras, but the original 'Slide switch' one I bought works fine.

I bought some of the sunglasses type, for those days when I don't want to wear a helmet, and they seem to develop a different fault each time they are used.

If I was buying, I'd go for one of the aluminium cased, slide switched ones like Maplin are selling.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I've added a short "test" video showing the difference between head and bar mouunts over the same sections of smooth (ish...for London) and rough road surfaces.

link- Shake-test

as the description says...

"Testing suitable mount positions for the veho Muvi. The low frame rate of this camera manifest in "jumps" (caused by fast movement), or "wobbles" (caused by vibration) in the footage.

Mounting on a head will reduce the wobble effect (caused by vuibrations), but will increase the "jumps" as your head is moving around a fair bit while travelling.

Mounting on a fixed position (Handle Bars) will reduce jumps (as movement is slow) but does translate to more wobbles" as the handlebars are shaken about"

BenM

Veteran
jonny jeez said:
I have to "move" the entire 30 minute file across to my HD just to crop out 10 seconds...life's too short
I take the microSD out of the camera and use a card reader to transfer the files... used to take 15minutes+ transferring using the camera now 15 seconds is more like it.

B.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'd like some sort of MD91 variant that has 5 hours of battery life, does proper USB2.0 and is waterproof, personally. Don't mind if it's a bit bigger and more expensive.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
BenM said:
I take the microSD out of the camera and use a card reader to transfer the files... used to take 15minutes+ transferring using the camera now 15 seconds is more like it.

B.

oooh, I'll try that tonight

Thanks

Wobbly John

Veteran
BSRU said:
It looks the same, probably actually does 30fps, hopefully they are more reliable then the old Muvi.

I have found the original Muvi the most reliable, and the clearest picture.

All the clones I've had seem to drop frames, making more jumps than film from the 20fps Muvi.

BSRU

A Human Being
After 6 weeks my Muvi decided it did not want to record anything longer than 20 minutes and 32 seconds and a few days later it would not record anything. My clones work fine as long as I charge them the correct way, the batteries are not the greatest and are very fussy.

Top Bottom