Veho Muvi issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
Martok said:
Where did you get the case from and how much? I've seen the official waterproof case on the Veho website but it says the RRP is £40, which is more than double what I paid for the MD80 clone!

The MD80 clone is too big for the Muvi waterproof case. Unless, like me, you forcefully remove some of the plastic bits from the inside using some metal cutters, then it just fits.

It is very strange that the waterproof case for a Muvi is more expensive than a waterproof case for a Contour HD, plus the mounts for Muvi case are not particularly strong.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
BSRU said:
The MD80 clone is too big for the Muvi waterproof case. Unless, like me, you forcefully remove some of the plastic bits from the inside using some metal cutters, then it just fits.
It's too big? As far as I am aware, the MD80 clone is identical in size to the Muvi :rolleyes:

Martok said:
Where did you get the case from and how much? I've seen the official waterproof case on the Veho website but it says the RRP is £40, which is more than double what I paid for the MD80 clone!

25 Squid from ebay if I remember rightly.

Tynan

Veteran
cyberknight said:
Ouch , what with house sale going through and back on full time i am relatively flush ie i can afford £11 .... hope you get sorted.

I'm laughing, not crying, honest, plenty of money coming in just we rather over stretched ourselves last year and the wife being self employed means money tends to come in fits and starts and sometimes not at all, it's all good though

thanks Mikey, you're a gent

BSRU

A Human Being
Martok said:
It's too big? As far as I am aware, the MD80 clone is identical in size to the Muvi :tongue:

No, the two MD80 clones I have are definitely bigger than a Muvi and would not fit the Muvi waterproof case without some excess material removal from the case. I used to own a Muvi, they look similar in size but side by side I could see the clone was bigger.

BSRU

A Human Being
hackbike 666 said:
25 Squid from ebay if I remember rightly.
I bought mine form Veho EBay shop, the reason they were 25 quid was they were trying to get rid of them because of a design fault meant the clasp broke very very easily. Both broke first time I closed them, it was obvious the material used was not up to the job. However I found out they had a new improved clasp version, which costs 40 quid, I asked for a new one as a replacement but they gave me a refund instead, that's how I ended up with two free broken waterproof cases. I use strong double sided Velcro to keep them closed now.

I haven't had any problem with mine so far.(Touchwood)

Just ordered 4gd sdhc off of ebay as I have a problem with my card readers.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am not sure if my 8 gb card is working OK, all of a sudden the video is taking up a lot of memory,over 2 gb for 25 mins.

The video seems to freeze at the end and is unplayable for the last 5 mins.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Well my muvi's (official, veho one, not clone) record button has decided to cease working! Less than a month old. It is not a device wide issue, it will record using vox feature, the card is inserted, the card isnt full, it doesnt need formatting etc etc, the button is faulty in some way. It feels as it something inside has slipped because it doesnt have the sturdy click as you press it any more, it hardly seems to move, but its not jammed.

Anyone had to deal with Muvi warranty before? I've got an open ticket waiting for their troubleshooting dross, then I'll escalate to a warranty claim, I have the reciepts etc, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had to go to them on warranty before?

Armegatron

Rob3rt said:
Well my muvi's (official, veho one, not clone) record button has decided to cease working! Less than a month old. It is not a device wide issue, it will record using vox feature, the card is inserted, the card isnt full, it doesnt need formatting etc etc, the button is faulty in some way. It feels as it something inside has slipped because it doesnt have the sturdy click as you press it any more, it hardly seems to move, but its not jammed.

Anyone had to deal with Muvi warranty before? I've got an open ticket waiting for their troubleshooting dross, then I'll escalate to a warranty claim, I have the reciepts etc, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had to go to them on warranty before?

I just took mine back to tesco and swapped. Straight forward to be honest.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
mike.pembo said:
I just took mine back to tesco and swapped. Straight forward to be honest.

Might have a stroll down to Evans cycles then, had it longer than 14 days (not sure of evans no quible policy as the reciept is under the bed) I'll see what the reply says. Just wondered if they are typically pretty good or awkward.

Why did you need to return yours? how long after purchase?

i dont want to have to remove the helmet mount etc to return the whole bundle, lmao - it was a nightmare to fit! I spent about an hour getting the strap nice and tight, yet also nice and neat!

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Rob3rt said:

You could always try taking it apart and looking. It's not that complicated. just 4 small screews and the case pulls apart and see if anything has slipped.

Armegatron

Rob3rt said:
Might have a stroll down to Evans cycles then, had it longer than 14 days (not sure of evans no quible policy as the reciept is under the bed) I'll see what the reply says. Just wondered if they are typically pretty good or awkward.

Why did you need to return yours? how long after purchase?

Returned mine about 4 or 5 months after purchase. Quality had degraded alot, and the VOX feature did not work correctly from the moment I bought it.

Top Bottom