Veho Muvi issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Downward said:
Hi
My clone, I got 1.89gb yesterday or 33 mins, Today 1.89gb and just 24 mins.

I haven't changed any settings so does anyone know why ?

Different footage and light levels will cause differences in data size. If you left it pointing at a wall for the same length of time the data file would be tiny.

Unless you're saying that it cut out? In that case I'd say it's struggling to write to the card after 1.89gb and would suggest that you format the card and try again.

Downward

Guru
HaloJ said:
Different footage and light levels will cause differences in data size. If you left it pointing at a wall for the same length of time the data file would be tiny.

Unless you're saying that it cut out? In that case I'd say it's struggling to write to the card after 1.89gb and would suggest that you format the card and try again.

Hi it's only a 2gb card, so will only go to 1.89gb. Route was the same but maybe today was a bit cloudier than yesterday morning.

HaloJ

Rabid cycle nut
Downward said:
Hi it's only a 2gb card, so will only go to 1.89gb. Route was the same but maybe today was a bit cloudier than yesterday morning.

:bravo: ah :biggrin:

I just presumed everyone had a 6Gb class 6 card. :girl:

BSRU said:
After 6 weeks my Muvi decided it did not want to record anything longer than 20 minutes and 32 seconds and a few days later it would not record anything. My clones work fine as long as I charge them the correct way, the batteries are not the greatest and are very fussy.

Have you tried a different card in it, I had something similar when I hadn't formatted the card properly....just deleting files in the computer.

BSRU

A Human Being
hackbike 666 said:
Latest: Been buying duff flashcards off of ebay.

I bought all my 8GB class 6 Samsung cards from Play.com, 17 quid each which includes the delivery. I tested them and they are quick, about 15Meg write speed.

I bought my flash cards for 11 quid a throw...Thought most of them were faulty as things just got worse...couldn't get the file off...I find now if I connect the MUVI to the computer the files are there just bloody slow to download.

Three cardreaders would not work properly.

On the plus point I have a mini case for my MUVI so I can film in the rain.:wahhey:

Tynan

Veteran
got a clone a month ago, can;t afford the card, that's how poor I am

video compression will depend on the detail and complexity of the footage

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Tynan said:

Ouch , what with house sale going through and back on full time i am relatively flush ie i can afford £11 .... hope you get sorted.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
hackbike 666 said:
On the plus point I have a mini case for my MUVI so I can film in the rain.:laugh:
Where did you get the case from and how much? I've seen the official waterproof case on the Veho website but it says the RRP is £40, which is more than double what I paid for the MD80 clone!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Tynan said:

Mate, you can have a 4GB card I have here, just pm me an address and I'll put it in the post to you.

BenM

Veteran
hackbike 666 said:
I have trouble with the card reader...can anybody recommend a good card reader?
I have a microSD to SD adapter which I use in both a Belkin F5U249 "Hi-Speed USB 2.0 All-in-1 Media Reader & Writer" here at work and the laptop at home which has a built in SD reader ;)

As far as OS goes XP, Windows7 and Ubuntu. No problems anywhere.

Hope you get it sorted.

B.

Dunno I must have tried about six different card readers and I always got USB malfunctioning/not recognised? or something...So now I have to upload straight off of the MUVI it's the only way....I may try my laptop but I think it's a deeper issue.

Top Bottom