Veho Muvi issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
gaz said:
You could always try taking it apart and looking. It's not that complicated. just 4 small screews and the case pulls apart and see if anything has slipped.

Yes, I could do this (at least I should be competant enough to do this, based on my profession, lol), but Im unsure if this voids the warranty. I dont want to poke around and void warranty if they are usually good with this sort of thing.

I could dig out the warranty card, but that involves pulling a load of sh*t from under my bed to get to the box, since I just moved and rammed loads of stuff under there, this is a sweaty 15 mins job to find the muvi box, thought would be easier to ask here incase someone had similar issue or had dealt with waranty before.

I dropped my muvi clone and it didnt work after that.also the early morning dark commutes muvi clone quality was crap.Also dropped a normal muvi off of my helmet and it was fine.

Armegatron

hackbike 666 said:
I dropped my muvi clone and it didnt work after that.also the early morning dark commutes muvi clone quality was crap.Also dropped a normal muvi off of my helmet and it was fine.

Did you take teh clone apart? I dropped mine the other day, and it wasnt working. After taking it apart the lens part simply fell out of the casing. I pushed it back into its slot on the board and now works ok.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I had an issue with my muvi where it would stop recording randomly and only on my commute to work.

The reason? I use a mac at home and the spotlight files seem to play havoc with the muvi.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
hackbike 666 said:
I can't...I didn't buy it from Evans.

hah, I wasnt saying it was a general response. This is just what they told me to do, return to retailer. Just happens I bought it from evans.

bostonian

Hello, I got the Muvi Pro and there is a problem when recording outside, I mean while I recording inside my home or room everything goes good, but when I take it outside to the street then there are a lot of interruptions, like every 3 seconds there is an interruption, I don’t know if there is something wrong with the configuration because I tried a different mini SD card and the same problem. I take it for a walk, run or even when put it steady outside and the same problem. So please is somebody know how to resolve this problem let me know, or maybe the device is defective so then I have to return it. Thank you to anyone who tries to help me on this issue.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hello, I got the Muvi Pro and there is a problem when recording outside, I mean while I recording inside my home or room everything goes good, but when I take it outside to the street then there are a lot of interruptions, like every 3 seconds there is an interruption, I don’t know if there is something wrong with the configuration because I tried a different mini SD card and the same problem. I take it for a walk, run or even when put it steady outside and the same problem. So please is somebody know how to resolve this problem let me know, or maybe the device is defective so then I have to return it. Thank you to anyone who tries to help me on this issue.

Well you seem to have posted on every Muvi thread........:tongue:

It sounds like there's a problem with it and so you should return it. Is it a genuine Muvi or a clone? The only thing I can think of is that you live somewhere extremely quiet and you've got the vox setting on. Try turning that off and then see how you go but judging by the number of interruptions you're getting, I'd say it's faulty.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just sold my clones to another forum member.

I loved the idea of recording my commutes but could not be bothered with he hassle of record/charge/wipe.

In the future i may look at getting a better quality camera but the money from the sale has gone towards my aldi winter kit fund as i think some arm+leg warmers will be of more use come mid winter than a camera .

Martok

Klingon on a bike

What class of micro SD card are you using? If the camera was supplied with one and you're using that, it's likely to be a Class 2 card and isn't good enough - the card can't be written to quick enough. What you need is a Class 6 micro SD card which has a faster read/write speed. You can get them for around £10.99 for 4Gb or £14.99 for 8Gb. I have the latter and have no problems.

bostonian

What class of micro SD card are you using? If the camera was supplied with one and you're using that, it's likely to be a Class 2 card and isn't good enough - the card can't be written to quick enough. What you need is a Class 6 micro SD card which has a faster read/write speed. You can get them for around £10.99 for 4Gb or £14.99 for 8Gb. I have the latter and have no problems.

Oh I see, well I using the one they supplied with the camera, and I assume that one should work good for outside also, so do you think if I changed the card then I will resolve the problem? And how can I know if it is a class 6 or a class 2?? it says on the SD card? I almost sure is a SD HC card, but didnt see any class number

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Oh I see, well I using the one they supplied with the camera, and I assume that one should work good for outside also, so do you think if I changed the card then I will resolve the problem? And how can I know if it is a class 6 or a class 2?? it says on the SD card? I almost sure is a SD HC card, but didnt see any class number

If it's a Class 6 it'll likely have it printed on the card, otherwise it's likely to be a class 2 (may be printed or not). I'm sure it won't be a class 6 though as they are more expensive and they always put cheap cards in these things.

It's likely to resolve the problem but I cannot guarantee it. I'm only going by what others have said in other threads about videos being jerky with the provided cards and then the jerkiness going when they switched to class 6 cards. I went straight for a class 6 card based on this.

Top Bottom