Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roggie

semislickstick said:
I've read you can't get rid of it on the cheaper clones, not sure about these.
Once you put the correct date in (do you use a little txt file?) does it stay correct?
It's probably useful as evidence, if it stays on the right time, but annoying if you have to sync it each time.
Yes, mine uses a text file to set the date/time. Not sure how well it keeps time yet. Pity it can't be turned off though...

joshtp

you can get a rebranded on on e-Bay foir £12 delivered type in veho muvi (£12 delivered!) into google and it should get you to a BikeRadar forum post about it.

joshtp said:
you can get a rebranded on on e-Bay foir £12 delivered type in veho muvi (£12 delivered!) into google and it should get you to a BikeRadar forum post about it.

Yes, they aren't as good. I have both. Passably during the day, not so good at night.
(the push button, £13 one - not AEE MD80)

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
errm thanks....thats £65 I've just spent (got a 8Gb card too) - camera £54 at play.com ... why do I visit these forums it ends up costing me money.........

:tongue:

suksel

Messaage #167 talks about adding a txt file to set the date/time... anybody got an example of this cause I can't find it on the support site or in the manual?

Bman

Guru
Hi suksel. :ohmy: to the forum :smile:

I believe this date feature only works with some models. Perhaps only the generic/unbranded version. I imagine thats why there are no details on the MUVI website.

It's on the new muvi models (Pro?)/AEE and the ebay clones. If you've got the function it'll show up on the video, the txt file sets the correct date.

But if anyone needs it -
It's a notepad file, call it 'TAG' copy the time and date set up as below (year/month/date)

[date]
2009/12/14
10:20:00

and drop that file into the root menu of the card. Turn on camera!

megamega

The md80 cheap clone is slightly bigger than the official veho muvi and anyone buying the waterproof case may have a problem fitting the cam in. i have both cams and am about to order the waterproof case so i will let you know.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
megamega said:
The md80 cheap clone is slightly bigger than the official veho muvi and anyone buying the waterproof case may have a problem fitting the cam in. i have both cams and am about to order the waterproof case so i will let you know.

Can you let me know if it will fit on the helmet mount please :laugh:

I would get one, if it was nearer £20! Not paying almost as much as I did for the camera...just not worth it for me. If I'm that bothered I'll use my waterproof atc2000

Dr Del

Tesco are selling genuine MuVi ( Tesco on-line) for £47.97 comlete with free extreme sports kit!

Just ordered one delivery on Friday!

Top Bottom