Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

megamega

I sent pictures of my alternative rain cover to Veho themselves to their support section, for a laugh. They said they would send the pics to their R&D department lol. I think there is definitely room for a smaller alternative that's rain proof. Wonder how long it takes for the clones to come out, though at a much lower price.

Armegatron

Ordered :smile: Collecting from store on 2nd Jan - thanks for the heads up :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
Mine arrived today (day after the emailed stated delivery day) around 3pm. Wondering how to strap this to the helmet best as I don't want it too prone and obvious that its there.

Norm

Helmet cam? Well, that's one use but strapping the Muvi to the top of a Scalextric car is a lot more fun.

Careful positioning is required, though. I put it too far back, which made the car a little tail-happy, allowing the Smalls an unnecessary advantage.

Garz

Squat Member
You could easily wear it like a head torch arch if you dont wear a helmet. I have managed to strap mine to the helm front which is o.k.

Wobbly John

Veteran
porteous said:
Lots and lots of what look like MUVI video cams being sold (mainly from Hong Kong) for as little as £12 on E-Bay. Has anybody got one? I have a MUVI and like it a lot, but would get a spare if these are the same!

Have a look here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Micro-DV-HIDD...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c0f1277b0

Comments welcome!

Plastic case, not compatible with Muvi accessories - they're slightly larger. The one I got failed on the first day, and I'm having trouble getting a reply from the seller about returning it. ;):girl:!:girl:

I think an original ali cased Muvi at twice the price is a better bet if you can find one.

Wobbly John

Veteran
Garz said:
Mine arrived today (day after the emailed stated delivery day) around 3pm. Wondering how to strap this to the helmet best as I don't want it too prone and obvious that its there.

In it's silicone case, mine wedges quite well in one of the vents. I've used the cord supplied with it as a safety tie - pulled tightly after being tied to the next vent, it also helps get the angle of the camera right. The cord can be unclipped to remove.

Garz

Squat Member
Wobbly John said:
In it's silicone case, mine wedges quite well in one of the vents. I've used the cord supplied with it as a safety tie - pulled tightly after being tied to the next vent, it also helps get the angle of the camera right. The cord can be unclipped to remove.

Pic please WJ?

Wobbly John

Veteran
helmetcam1.jpg

hemetcam2.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Arch said:
Neat! Slightly concerned about your booze intake though.....;)
Looks like the Tesco Christmas two packs for £12 special offer. My brother-in-law bought a pack of Bulmers cider and a pack of bitter when I went down for Christmas (pure coincidence of course! :laugh:)

Top Bottom