Veho MUVI video review...that tiny tiny camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Arch said:
Neat! Slightly concerned about your booze intake though.....:laugh:
Nothing escapes the eagle eyes of the CC Forummers ;) ....

... but no doubt Arch's comment was concern for your health, fitness, Cyclogs entries, blah, blah ... :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
I suppose he is Wobbly John....;)

It's not so much the amount, but... Fosters? Bulmers? No real drink?

(makes mental note to always use Glenmorangie bottle and ale cask as photo props...)

Arch said:
I suppose he is Wobbly John....;)

It's not so much the amount, but... Fosters? Bulmers? No real drink?

(makes mental note to always use Glenmorangie bottle and ale cask as photo props...)

That's the stuff we are happy to pass off to the South as single malt. Try Highland Park or Laphroaig as starting point to see why.

Garz

Squat Member
Since I went on a stag do in scotland and on a whisky tasting event the blended malts taste pants to me now. Very tasty stuff when you look into it!

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
back to the camera....I thought I'd mention that the cold seems to reduce the battery life. According to google it is about 2 degrees out. Seems to reduce the battery life by about 10 minutes.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Sam Kennedy said:
Could I use a class 4 micro sd card with one of these?

gaz said:
I've not used the muvi but i don't see why not. the class just determins the the write speed.

I used a class 6 just because the card you get with it is pants, and I couldn't be bothered buying a lesser card just to find that it too wasn't good enough.

I think that a class 6 is probably too good and a class 4 will be fine. I think the one your get with it is a class -3434 :ohmy:. Don't blame me if it doesn't work though!!

Sam Kennedy

Is the write speed definitely 3.5mbps?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Sam Kennedy said:
Is the write speed definitely 3.5mbps?
Of the card? A class 4 card has a minimum write speed of 4mbps, which is tested on "the best fragmented state where no memory unit is occupied".

Bman

Guru
I dont know what class my MicroSD card is. Its the one that came with the MUVI itself. It has no "class" markings on it at all. But I do seem to be one of the lucky ones, the included card so far, works perfectly. I dont get the weird warping effect others have experienced.

However, I have noticed that it seems to be quicker to copy the data from the MUVI using the computers at work. At home it seems much slower. This is using the camera, connected to a pc via the usb cable. I also thought the test result would give me an idea how fast the card is generally.

So, I decided to test it :
HDTach-USBTest.jpg

The MUVI is in RED where the BLUE is just an 8gb USB stick I have laying around.
The MUVI is only reading at 1MB/s! Thats very slow indeed. I will test the speed when I next go into work and see how it compares. However, in the mean time, does anyone fancy testing theirs? HDTach is free and available here

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Bongman said:
I dont know what class my MicroSD card is. Its the one that came with the MUVI itself. It has no "class" markings on it at all. But I do seem to be one of the lucky ones, the included card so far, works perfectly. I dont get the weird warping effect others have experienced.

However, I have noticed that it seems to be quicker to copy the data from the MUVI using the computers at work. At home it seems much slower. This is using the camera, connected to a pc via the usb cable. I also thought the test result would give me an idea how fast the card is generally.

So, I decided to test it :
HDTach-USBTest.jpg

The MUVI is in RED where the BLUE is just an 8gb USB stick I have laying around.
The MUVI is only reading at 1MB/s! Thats very slow indeed. I will test the speed when I next go into work and see how it compares. However, in the mean time, does anyone fancy testing theirs? HDTach is free and available here

Is your computer pre 2000?

Bman

Guru
lol (?), no. Its a Socket 775 running an Intel 6600 (Duo). My HDD's have speed results of >160MB/s. I built it a few years ago.
I think its the MUVI thats slow, not my PC. :biggrin:

Top Bottom