Velo Birmingham Cancelled - NO REFUNDS!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wyre forest blues

Über Member
A friend of mine contacted his bank for a chargeback and has just been refunded the entrance fee. The claim guidelines are.
Under £100 paid on debit or credit card - make a claim under 'chargeback'.
Over £100 paid on a credit card - make a claim under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act.
As I understand it the chargeback means the bank claw back the money from the organisers, so I would encourage as many entrants as possible to claim.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I claimed via my card and the bank have refunded me, but it is pending whilst they try and sort it with the organisers, they reserve the right to take it back again in the future. They say this will be a minimum of 60 days, so I suspect that this could run and run.

dickyknees

Guru
I booked a Birmingham Premier Inn at the cheapest non refundable, non changeable rate for the Velo weekend.

Had an email last night offering me that I could amend or cancel by booking. I cancelled for a refund.

Great customer service! :notworthy:

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
I find it crazy they aren't offering a deferment at the very least. These are the same guys that organised Velo South that was cancelled with days to go due to a storm and they offered the option of a full refund or a deferment to Velo Birmingham (which I took).

For them to take this stance with 3 months to go would be very frustrating I would imagine for anyone signed up to it.

OP
OP
StickyPTFE

StickyPTFE

Update: I sent a chargeback request to my credit card company; I have received notice of the refund. So happy in that respect, I am still disappointed with the organisers for not allowing refund or deferment

Have I missed the time limit to submitt a chargeback ???

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I did my chargeback months ago, I got a refund from the bank. I then got a letter disputing it a few months later threatening to take the money back, so I quoted various legislation at the bank and heard no more and kept the refund.

@kingrollo I think you only have 120 days to start a chargeback, so I think you are far too late.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
I wonder how many of the 15,000 or so places for Velo Birmingham 2022 they will fill, given their actions this time round?

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Because the contract was only for 5 years. 1 year a route couldn't be agreed - this year covid forced cancellation. I doubt CSM would view it as a money spinner TBH.
I believe that they have lost quite a lot of money over it, with no refunds being an admission that it won't happen again.

Top Bottom