Velodrome Taster

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stu Plows

Coming soon: Bonking on a hill near you!
Sat on the settee last evening, the good lady turns to me and says ‘can you get the 17th off work?’, after questioning, she revealed that as a Valentines present she is going to take me to Manchester velodrome for a taster session so I can experience it! Absolutely buzzing!

Anyone done it?
Anything I need to know/do/expect?

Don’t have a bike so looks like I’ll have to rent one. Kit wise I assume there’s no requirements?

its good fun .... do nt stop pedalling ..as you may know. listen to coach

They have all the kit you need shoes bike etc

Pedals are delta cleats if you have delta ! Enjoy :rolleyes:

(Reg at the track)

Last edited:

boydj

Legendary Member
I did my Accreditation 1 at the Chris Hoy Velodrome this week. First time on the boards, first time on fixed. Great fun. Accreditation 2 booked, with 3 and 4 to come. May even buy a bike and enter one of the leagues once accreditation is complete.

The hire bikes here use Look compatible pedals and you can use your own shoes if you have the right ones. The banking looks fearsome up close - 45 deg here, I'm told, but after a few laps you'll be swooping down into the straights like an old hand. Enjoy your visit to the velodrome.

Cyclist33

Sat on the settee last evening, the good lady turns to me and says ‘can you get the 17th off work?’, after questioning, she revealed that as a Valentines present she is going to take me to Manchester velodrome for a taster session so I can experience it! Absolutely buzzing!

Anyone done it?
Anything I need to know/do/expect?

Don’t have a bike so looks like I’ll have to rent one. Kit wise I assume there’s no requirements?
That's one heck of a Valentine's present!

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I did it a cpl of months ago and it is a fantastic hour.
After getting off the bottom strip of the boards and onto the bank proper its incredible.
I still put going round the top of the 43 deg banking along with jumbo jets talking off and bumble bees flying , it should not happen but it does, and when it does its something you just want more and more of.

Martin McNeely

I did my Accreditation 1 at the Chris Hoy Velodrome this week. First time on the boards, first time on fixed. Great fun. Accreditation 2 booked, with 3 and 4 to come. May even buy a bike and enter one of the leagues once accreditation is complete.

The hire bikes here use Look compatible pedals and you can use your own shoes if you have the right ones. The banking looks fearsome up close - 45 deg here, I'm told, but after a few laps you'll be swooping down into the straights like an old hand. Enjoy your visit to the velodrome.
I also did my accred 1 that night did my accred 2 today and booked in for 3 next Saturday, where you there today?

Accred 2 was a good session, group cycling and riding the front of the group. Plenty of cycling.

boydj

Legendary Member
I also did my accred 1 that night did my accred 2 today and booked in for 3 next Saturday, where you there today?

Accred 2 was a good session, group cycling and riding the front of the group. Plenty of cycling.

No, a week on Tuesday before I do part two. Saturdays are for golf - if only the rain would let up. Going to get some sprint training in before the next session.

Top Bottom