Velothon 2016

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Me and the two I was riding with finished in the bottom 400...

Probably stopping at all 3 hubs, having a sit down and cup of tea on top of both mountains, stopping at the bottom of The Tumble to take some gear off and having a little chat with a local sat on a wall and that 10 minute delay in Abergavenny possibly contributed but hey, it wasn't a race, right?! ;)

Totally enjoyed it, even though the lack of prep is telling in my hamstrings still now.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Weather was constantly changing on the route, everything from warm n sunshine to cold n cloudy to rain and even hail at one point.

Really enjoyed it, though interested in finding out what caused the ride to be temporarily halted just before Abergavenny. We saw a couple of medic bikes go past. Hope whoever it was for turns out ok, they don't normally stop the ride completely.
having now looked into the stoppage at llanfoist - it was for a police chase where two youths had commited a robbery and was trying to outrun the police in a peugeot by using the closed roads of the event. they used the helicopters that were in the sky for the event to locate their position and shut the event down until it was safe to continue

Me and the two I was riding with finished in the bottom 400...

Probably stopping at all 3 hubs, having a sit down and cup of tea on top of both mountains, stopping at the bottom of The Tumble to take some gear off and having a little chat with a local sat on a wall and that 10 minute delay in Abergavenny possibly contributed but hey, it wasn't a race, right?! ;)

Totally enjoyed it, even though the lack of prep is telling in my hamstrings still now.
Me finding a cheese sandwich i had forgotten slowed us down by at least 7 minutes.

Top Bottom