Wales : South Glamorgan Velothon Wales

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

h0lly1991

I spoke to some people at the end who said they had club members signed up but they didn't bother showing up and infact watched the riders pass by from the side of the road. Nice to know some wasted a slot that a more committed rider would of used.

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
You didn't say something like ".....I've stopped 23 times" (may have been 25) to someone on the Tumble did you?

We certainly didn't stop that many times!! :biggrin:

starthms

5, 34 moving time for me. very happy i didn't get off for the tumble or the c mountain climb. Got to say some people were pushing their bikes faster than i was riding up C Mountain lol. Being cheered buy the crowed was very cool.

sleaver

Veteran
We certainly didn't stop that many times!! :biggrin:
Wasn't you then. I asked as someone said that they had set themselves a rule that they wouldn't walk but that meant that had stopped 23 times. Then when you said you did the same, I thought it may have been you.

Seems at least one person was injured due to the tacks on the road.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...not-come-through-my-constituency-again-177124
If it is the same one, there is a picture of the injury on Facebook and it looks like a very deep cut. None of the moaners are commenting on that, I wonder why!

U

User33236

Wasn't you then. I asked as someone said that they had set themselves a rule that they wouldn't walk but that meant that had stopped 23 times. Then when you said you did the same, I thought it may have been you.

If it is the same one, there is a picture of the injury on Facebook and it looks like a very deep cut. None of the moaners are commenting on that, I wonder why!
The injury looked horrific. Those responsible for putting the tacks down need locked up!

sleaver

Veteran
The injury looked horrific. Those responsible for putting the tacks down need locked up!
The sad thing is that no one, such as the MP or what ever he is, is coming out and condemning the actions of people who thought putting out tacks was a good idea.

Last edited:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The sad thing is that no one, such as the MP or what ever he is, is coming out and condoning the actions of people who thought putting out tacks was a good idea.

I hope they wouldn't condone them.
We want them to condemn them!

sleaver

Veteran
And ridiculously priced. If they were cheaper I think there would be good take up, but they want silly money for them. I would have thought it would make sense to shift some rather than none.
I could get 13 for £39.99 which is about £3 per photo. Single ones are overpriced but then they price them like that to push you to the packs and it is all relative to the number you have.

In my case, £3 per photo isn't overpriced when you think what photographers charge.

U

User33236

There are 9 pictures of me and 13 of my wife despite the fact we did the route together. Even though we crossed the finish less that two feet apart I am cropped out of her image and vice versa.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
But it's the same price no matter how many they have of you.

So I've got 8, and they still want to charge me £39.99. Plus, some of them are nearly identical, and they are not very good anyway so it's not £39.99 for 8 good photos.

Top Bottom