Ventura cp 50 (argos)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I think you're not taking credit for your efforts justinslow. You're obviously improving your fitness dramatically and encouraging your bike to finish where it is! I suppose the proof would be in the pudding, and doing the TT on a 'proper' TT bike would give you a realistic answer as to whether it's the bike, or the engine powering it, which is making you fast.
Just bought this to give it a proper crack next year!
Ventura relegated to leisure and training rides.
image.jpeg

Already been pillaging the Ventura for parts, I've nicked the 53/39 ultegra crank and put the compact tiagra the Giant came with on the Ventura.

albion

Guru
Well, I bought one 4 months ago, size 58.

On the 12 ride back from the Argos clearance shop at Stanley it felt great,though just possibly size the size 58cm feels big. (I have only ridden it the one single time!)
I had bought a new Decathlon mountain bike the very day before, that going so fantastically well, I am sticking with the heavy sit up and beg cycling.

So, if anyone want a full carbon ....? I am thinking £350, north eastish only, so no posting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
So, thought I'd resurrect this thread, I've made a few upgrades to the trusty Ventura.

I wanted to get rid of the cables out front of the bars that you get with old Sora, so decided to convert to 10 speed (to match my other bike). I went for 105 5700 shifters and brakes, I already had a 105 rear mech fitted so just needed the 105 front mech. To match the look (as I had a silver Tiagra crankset fitted) I went for a new crankset and bought a 105 5800 which works fine. Last was a new cassette and again a 105 5700 was sourced.
I sold all the bits I took off on eBay, they were all mint and I managed to recoup nearly half of what I spent on the upgrades. I had a few vouchers for chain reaction and sourced the rest of the parts new online for good prices so the whole upgrade including bar tape and cables probably only cost me just over £100.
Did all the work myself and all in all very happy with the results. With the Superstar wheelset fitted and the pedals as in the pics it tips the scales at 8.4kg so not super featherweight but light enough for me.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
So 3 years on from my last post, still got the bike, mainly use it now as my winter ride as bought an aero bike for summer. Took the Ventura out yesterday for a change and wow very enjoyable, so much more comfy than my PX ec130, came home with only a little back ache after 50 miles rather than excruciating back ache!
Nothing much has changed on the bike apart from a fizik saddle, back to the original R501 wheelset with Schwalbe Luganos fitted and Crud guards.
Edit- forgot about the in line seat post rather than the original set back one, had a proper bike fit done and the saddle to bars length was too long for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom