Ventura cp 50 (argos)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Adjusted the seat slightly tipping it down at the front, rotated the bars up bringing the hoods higher and a bit closer, did 61 miles today, adjustments made it more comfortable but a slightly shorter stem is needed I think. I bought the 55cm frame and I'm just under 6 foot, it's a bit of a stretch to the bars so may switch from 120mm stem to 90 or 100mm, these bikes are not for shorties! Happy days!

a slightly shorter stem is needed I think.
I wouldn't make big changes all at once as you'd be surprised how quickly your body will have adjusted to the bike as it is now.

Try and source a 100mm stem second hand, and if that's not doing it for you go down in increments from there, I certainly wouldn't go from 120 now down to 90 in one go.

It can be a pain in the @rse getting a bike dialled in just so, but too big a jump all at once can cause more problems than it fixes!

PaddyMcc

Über Member
I bought one too, I love it. Although mine was £499, still I don't feel that I have been ripped off.
image.jpg

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
I bought one too, I love it. Although mine was £499, still I don't feel that I have been ripped off.
View attachment 55487
Nice one, yeah for the money I can't fault the bike. One other change I've made is to replace the stock brake blocks with clarks cps 240's which are supposed to be a massive improvement as the originals are poor ( although I've no issues with the originals as I haven't had to brake that hard yet, but at least I know I've got fairly decent brakes now)
Just out of interest which size did you go for and how does it feel to you?

@smokeysmoo cheers, noted, I will give this some thought, I'm in no hurry to change it and 100mm would like you say probably be plenty.

PaddyMcc

Über Member
I am 6'3" and went for the larger frame size. I have no issues size-wise and find it a comfortable ride. I guess over time I might replace the brakes with 105s but I find the no-namers work just fine.

OP
OP
Justinslow

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Did a 100 mile sportive on mine on Sunday, it behaved impeccably, was smooth as you like, great gear changes from the sora set up and held its own in the 3 bike group I was in, with the other two bikes both being Giant defy's - one a "0" with ultegra and wheels worth more than my bike alone!

SteCenturion

I am your Father
View attachment 55487
I initially snubbed this bike, earlier in the thread, just based on the belief that "you get what you pay for" & that Argos & my experience of Argos & it's rep are poor.

Having read more posts here & having a little more time to consider, it does look remarkable value.

Consider that a month ago I paid £542-ish for a set of Easton Carbon wheels (and they were reduced again to around £470, gutted) & a full bike at the £400 mark starts to look very tasty.

Still, I wouldn't like to see it thrown down an Argos chute by one of those students. :eek:

albion

Guru
I ordered the bike and cancelled.

I suppose I could stored it in case I chose to go on club rides. But a medium weight lock, pannier rack, panniers and a homeward bound errand simply would not have suited the bike.

Top Bottom