Verbal Abuse and then driven at...clip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Might be out of line here – but came across this charming video last night. It was posted by a cyclist who’s youtube id is andyb0000 – I guess those of you that look at magnatom and ismike’s videos are probably aware of him as well. I don’t know if he’s a member of this forum, if he is, then apologies for not knowing!
The link is below and the title reads as follows:

Verbal Abuse and then driven at

“Unprovoked verbal abuse from this guy. He then drives the car at me, stopping inches from my back wheel. Has been reported to the police.”

View: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=26DpAjJjKKg#PMzeULRLD-c

Doesn’t happen very often, but I’m glad Andy caught this one!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Shocking, isn't it?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
He posted on here a few weeks back with that, but only clips - I'm guessing nothing came of contacting the police then as it's now been put on you tube !

I hope the police support you.

A few years back, an old guy out in the car with his wife got really annoyed that he couldn't push past me from behind as I approached the queue at some traffic lights - he clearly wanted to be in front of me and felt I had no right to be in front of him. I could see him going on about it to his wife. As the traffic moved off, he roared past me and immediately swung his car so far to the left he only missed the kerb by an inch and sent dust flying up.

No camera so I didn't report it, but I really hope he's not driving any more.

(Cameras - still haven't got one - every time I see a 'good' one advertised, someone says the battery life is rubbish, or the thing isn't waterproof, or the video is jerky. I'm sure there's been a thread on this before...).

The one I have is good.It tapes for about two hours and the battery lasts as long although I use recharegables.I have a 2gb flash card inside it which as I say lasts almost 2 hours.Good enough for the ride there and back.It tends to split the file after 45 mins though.My ride is like 50 mins.Only thing I miss with it is time date stamp.I've got it fitted to my right fork but you can fit it to your helmet (oooer)

It takes 2AA.

AT18_lg.jpg

Terminator (et al) - is this the Oregon Scientific the Gadget Show had on last night? I was impressed by them saying the footage was as good as VHS - that seems pretty high quality for an £80 camera to me.

Shall do some investigating... it looks a nice unit. Quite like the idea of being able to see at leisure the things I was too busy concentrating on as the 'here and now' while commuting.

Andy,

I am gobsmacked that the police didn't want to see the video. There is no way stills could convey the intent that is blatantly obvious in the video. You should point them to the comments (made by Strathclyde police admittedly) that suggest that we should always take details of these incidents to the police in the first instance.

If they don't take it seriously, that doesn't exactly encourage us to take our footage to the police.:biggrin:

spindrift

you know what the cops said after magna's clips of bad drivers were shown?

"Oh, always report it to us, don't take the law into your own hands!"

Leaving aside the fact that filming is NOT taking the law into your own hands, the chap who filmed the above clip went to the cops and they couldn't give a flying fark!

This is the reality, you have actual hard evidence of aggressive, threatening behaviour and the cops do nowt.

Top Bottom