Vertical cycle storage.....help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gelfy666

Über Member
A while ago i saw a vertical cycle storage thingy advertised on the internet somewhere.... basically you put the rear wheel in then push the bike vertical and it was kept there by part of the holder supporting the bike via its seat stem.

Anyway cant remember its name or where to find it...... any ideas?

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
would use a wall hanger but ive only got plaster board to mount to ....... no wooden studs where needed :sad:

sight-pin

Veteran
Is it not possible to place a hanger on an outer wall? I would think the outer walls of the house whatever could be brick or block under the plasterboard.

U

User6179

would use a wall hanger but ive only got plaster board to mount to ....... no wooden studs where needed :sad:

You don't need wooden studs.

Screw the wall hanger to a bit of wood/mdf about 300mm x 600mm, drill four holes 30mm in from the corners and fix to the wall with plasterboard fixings, put some adhesive on the back of the wood before hanging ( no more nails or similar).

OP
OP
gelfy666

gelfy666

Über Member
We live in a house that was thrown up in the 70s with a very small amount of blocks downstairs and just the bikes are stored upstairs where's there's even less lol... I'll try the MDF approach with the plaster board fixings

U

User6179

We live in a house that was thrown up in the 70s with a very small amount of blocks downstairs and just the bikes are stored upstairs where's there's even less lol... I'll try the MDF approach with the plaster board fixings

My house has no wooden studs in the internal walls, just plasterboard and there is 40kg plus radiators hanging on the walls from 4 fixings , as long as you are not fitting to a ceiling and the plasterboard is fixed properly then they can take a good weight hanging off them.

classic33

Leg End Member
images-2.jpg

Top Bottom