Very Fat bloke looking for advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adasta

Well done on giving up smoking. This image gives a nice overview of the benefits!

smoking-healing-timeline-improved.jpg

CorsairC

Über Member
As a side issue. For those of you who are bigger. Where do you clothes for cycling in. I'm about a 42/44 waist and struggle to find clothes to cycle in. Really looking for MTB casual stuff, in brighter colours so I can ditch the winter HiViz jacket. Which is too warm most of the time. Had a great year in 2009, but couldn't get cycling much in 2010 and winter. Hoping to really ramp it up in 2011. Stuff online would be great, as I'm not in the UK.

subaqua

What’s the point
As a side issue. For those of you who are bigger. Where do you clothes for cycling in. I'm about a 42/44 waist and struggle to find clothes to cycle in. Really looking for MTB casual stuff, in brighter colours so I can ditch the winter HiViz jacket. Which is too warm most of the time. Had a great year in 2009, but couldn't get cycling much in 2010 and winter. Hoping to really ramp it up in 2011. Stuff online would be great, as I'm not in the UK.

Regatta do some lightweight trousers , and go-outdoors , the outdoor store do "large" sizes up to 44in in a lot of ranges.

at the very worst try jacamo - they have helly hansen stuff so might have other stuff too.

i used to be 44in but have managed to get to 38in starting in september.

Norm

Jjust last weekend, I bought some Craghopper walking trousers from TK Maxx (yeah, I know) with a 42" waist for £14 (in black) and £20 (in navy).

They are very comfortable and fairly smart, I wore them in the office all day yesterday and no-one commented.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Basically what everyone else has said, WELL DONE ! Just keep at it,most of all enjoy it.....nothing worse that making feel like a chore.Everyone on here are just brilliant with no snobs....a real good mix of people who will always help with advice on anything.
Welcome to the gang,it does become addictive !

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It has all been said but anyway - Congratulations.

You do not say your weight but if it helps you put things into prespective I am 6 foot and 17 Stone. I am doing my second MTB Marathon in April. Once the fittness comes you will notice your weight less. One thing that may not have been mentioned. Take measurements of your waist, etc as muscle is heavier than fat and thus scale readings can be misleading at times.

Once again, congrats on a fantastic achievement. I look forward to you posting your first 5 miler :smile:. I will happen soon.

Dave

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Oh, FFS, the original post is nearly a year old from someone who hasn't returned! :biggrin:

I've been chucking away for a few days, mod's, maybe close this now ?????

jethro10

Über Member
I did nearly 5 miles today, although at one point I did get overtaken by some joggers while I pushed my bike up the hill.

LOL, that happened to me and the Wife on Saturday, and we've been cycling for a few years now.
They laughed, we laughed - who cares. Was a funny moment.
I shouted "hey, we've got wheels, how can this happen" ;-)

Jeff

Top Bottom