England : Kent Very late Christmas Whitstable Night Ride - Isle of Thanet - 10th January 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabregas485

Quite possibly, FD.
In any case, I was told yesterday I'm supposed to be fundraising on Saturday, rattling a collecting tin under the noses of shoppers in Harrow's Debenhams and playing their music requests. That would have been interesting with a couple of matchsticks to prop the eyelids open.
I just missed you then :sad:

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
I'd love to join, but I have an important appointment on Jan 11 with @ianmac62, where we will indulge in fourth-tier football

martint235

Dog on a bike
Ok now I have to decide how to get there. For some reason I'm getting an irrational concern about cycling on my own in the dark to Whitstable. This has got to stop, I did LEL ffs. I do have some concerns (real ones) over my fitness level but it won't improve unless I push it so my plan A is cycle to Whitstable, do ride, cycle home. Plan B is get the train back from Whitstable.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Ok now I have to decide how to get there. For some reason I'm getting an irrational concern about cycling on my own in the dark to Whitstable. This has got to stop, I did LEL ffs. I do have some concerns (real ones) over my fitness level but it won't improve unless I push it so my plan A is cycle to Whitstable, do ride, cycle home. Plan B is get the train back from Whitstable.

If you're feeling unfit, I'm not sure intending to do 170-odd miles in one go is a good idea!

Why not Plan C? Train to Whitstable, do ride, see how you feel afterwards and then either ride home or train home.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Me too, if the weather isn't too frightful that is.

Weather is looking OK. A bit chilly at 6°, light south-westerly breeze but no real rain.

martint235

Dog on a bike
If you're feeling unfit, I'm not sure intending to do 170-odd miles in one go is a good idea!

Why not Plan C? Train to Whitstable, do ride, see how you feel afterwards and then either ride home or train home.
Trying to avoid train packed with drunks although less packed in January.

In light of very recent events, I may not be along at all. Will need to see how the knee does.

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think I'm safe to say I'm a very unlikely now. Quite a bit of pain down my right hand side plus dizzyness and nausea mean I probably shouldn't be cycling any real distances. Dizzyness and nausea is thought to be just a combination of shock and leftovers from the adrenalin (I didn't bang my head at all)

I think I'm safe to say I'm a very unlikely now. Quite a bit of pain down my right hand side plus dizzyness and nausea mean I probably shouldn't be cycling any real distances. Dizzyness and nausea is thought to be just a combination of shock and leftovers from the adrenalin (I didn't bang my head at all)
You probably caught sight of yourself in the mirror.

Hope you are able to resume the 2014 quest for enjoyment soon, Mart - speedy recovery. m

Top Bottom