Very, very sad... just sold my old bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DWiggy

Über Member
Just sold the bike that got me into road cycling, she was an old 80's Raleigh that I rebuilt. I have done some wonderful miles on her although she was a pain in the ass with the downtube gears that slipped and the wonky handlebars....but really gona miss her :cry:

Yes... sad to sell an old faithful but look to the future what beauty has replaced (or going to) her?

Sara_H

Guru
Ha ha..... I nearly cried when I sold my old bike recently! I hadn't ridden it for around 18 months. It went to a very good new home though, to a young woman about to start uni and she was very happy with her purchase!

Had to sell my three bikes recently to raise funds :-( but got a bike that I'm borrowing/buying from a friend (paying him what I can monthly) and sooooooo happy to be back in the saddle. Was v sad to see the old three go but hey-ho, hopefully if finances improve, I can look forward to buying two more!!!!

D

Deleted member 1258

Its amazing how we get attached to our bikes, I have a fixed that I've been riding for just over five years/15000 miles, I recon if I sold it it would feel like I was selling an arm or a leg.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
....My lovely BMC Streetracer....god I love her, new PB's everywhere, comfy ride, fast, nice on hills, 105 gears and not one but two water bottle holders!!!! Oooosh! :wahhey:
Glad I have a short memory!
Thats exactly why I want to ride my Spesh to college. Smooth, fast, and comfortable. But I dont want to risk her getting damaged so I am still using my steel racer with downtube shifters that everyday seems to be getting too big for me (I just need a shorter stem really).

compo

Veteran
It's like women. The quickest cure for losing the love of your life is a replacement.

Top Bottom