Very worrying report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

endoman

from our club facebook page, on a road where 30 mph is common, the mentality of some people knows no limits.

Me and friend have just been on a ride in the peaks coming down the road from owler bar to Barlow some one tie a cable across the main road about head height at first it looked like a fallen cable but after stopping to see what it was because my friend nearly fell off his bike it had been tie to the tree!

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
from our club facebook page, on a road where 30 mph is common, the mentality of some people knows no limits.

Me and friend have just been on a ride in the peaks coming down the road from owler bar to Barlow...

I know what you mean, everyone knows it should be "my friend and I"

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

A cable was tied across the road at head height with the intention to injure. I understand it was reported to police after being removed. Not my grammar, but a copy and paste from someone understandably pretty shook up.

RhythMick

Über Member

Me and friend have just been on a ride in the peaks coming down the road from owler bar to Barlow some one tie a cable across the main road about head height at first it looked like a fallen cable but after stopping to see what it was because my friend nearly fell off his bike it had been tie to the tree!

Blimey, I was cycling there on Sunday!

chewy

:banghead:

:wacko:

:angry:

zizou

Veteran
Worrying development. Have heard of wires and ropes being tied on trails before but never on a road. Utter scumbags doing this sort of thing.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
On a road? I call urban myth. The first 4x4 or van to come along will either take it out or crash, depending on strength.

avalon

Guru
Probably put there by Jeremy "I know everything" Clarkson. A few years ago he suggested that cables were used to take out motorcyclists.

Top Bottom