Very worrying report

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
I have faint memories of a motorcyclist coming to grief by this very method several years ago, on the road into Port Glasgow from Kilmacolm. Some moron had tied a rope across the road at head height, using the poles on the "30 mph" limit signs, in the dark. :cursing:

Venod

Eh up
I know what you mean, everyone knows it should be "my friend and I"

Surely should be " me and a mate."

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
On a road? I call urban myth. The first 4x4 or van to come along will either take it out or crash, depending on strength.

Only if such a vehicle encounters it before the cyclist, see this report of a cyclist "... recovering from neck injuries after "mindless" pranksters tied fishing wire across a busy Bournemouth road."

GC

Globalti

Legendary Member
You wouldn't say "me was riding along" would you? You'd say "I was riding along". So it should be "I and my friend were riding along" or more correctly "my friend and I...."

The cable was probably somebody's telephone line that had dropped into the road. It happens.

OP
OP
endoman

endoman

You wouldn't say "me was riding along" would you? You'd say "I was riding along". So it should be "I and my friend were riding along" or more correctly "my friend and I...."

The cable was probably somebody's telephone line that had dropped into the road. It happens.

It had been tied to a tree.

Top Bottom