Video nasty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not read the comments, it'll be the usual depressing tripe from Trolls but that's one Lucky cyclist :-0

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Scary !

I guess the HGV should not have been undertaking like that but...

Why no shoulder check ?

No it shouldn't have been overtaking full stop. It was a deliberate piece of aggressive nasty driving. I guess the reason he didn't shoulder check was that you wouldn't expect a vehicle to overtake there as it was just before a junction/turn off. Any vehicle on the right would have/should have taken the turn off, not overtake and suddenly swing left.

kiriyama

I like how the guy filming (although probably in a state of shock) picks himself and bike up takes it to the side of the road, goes to put his bike down then hesitates and takes time to move it and prop it up... (bit trivial to worry about it getting damaged after a fall like that) the whole time not that concerned by the poor guy lying in the road moaning in agony. Who could get ran over again! Prioritys!

Terrible driving by the truck, but you wouldn't catch me riding on a road like that!

S.Giles

Was that filmed in a country where they allow cyclists on their motorways? That doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

buggi

Bird Saviour
O MY!!! That's awful.

RWright

Guru
No it shouldn't have been overtaking full stop. It was a deliberate piece of aggressive nasty driving. I guess the reason he didn't shoulder check was that you wouldn't expect a vehicle to overtake there as it was just before a junction/turn off. Any vehicle on the right would have/should have taken the turn off, not overtake and suddenly swing left.
That looked like a fast highway. I wonder if the bicycle should have even been on it to start with. I don't think it was deliberate, I think the truck ran up on the slow bicyclist. He may not have been paying proper attention but that was not a place for a bicycle, especially not shoulder checking and being much more aware than he was.

U

User6179

On first viewing I thought why no shoulder check , but after a few viewing it becomes apparent the rider is to the left of a solid white line and the truck was in the lane for turning off but cut across the solid white line hitting the cyclist, no shoulder check from the cyclist as he was not moving position , if anything when he signals right he actually moves left slightly which probably saves his life.

winjim

Smash the cistern
On first viewing I thought why no shoulder check , but after a few viewing it becomes apparent the rider is to the left of a solid white line and the truck was in the lane for turning off but cut across the solid white line hitting the cyclist, no shoulder check from the cyclist as he was not moving position , if anything when he signals right he actually moves left slightly which probably saves his life.
The cyclist changed lanes without looking. OK, the truck shouldn't have been there, but it was, and had the cyclist shoulder checked, he would have seen it.

U

User6179

The cyclist changed lanes without looking. OK, the truck shouldn't have been there, but it was, and had the cyclist shoulder checked, he would have seen it.

Watch for the solid white line to the right of the cyclist and you see he does not swap lanes , first view viewings I thought he did also.

Top Bottom