Video Quiz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Watching this video, have I

(a) given such 'eyeballs out' effort during my commute home that I've accidently peddled to France, where the oncoming Madamoisselle is clearly confused that I'm cycling on the wrong side side of the road?

(:sad: become a character in BBC2's 'Heroes' and discovered I have secret powers of invisibility. The oncoming car is being driven by Sylar, who wishes to cut-and-shut my skull in order to steal my powers?

(c) been negligent by only wearing a high-viz jacket and having a L&M Vega going full-blast at 3:30 in the afternoon? I'm a parasite, don't pay any road tax and so have no rights to the road, or life for that matter. Its her civic duty to dash my brains across her windscreen.

Oh, and the van was just taking the p1ss!

(For the record, the camera's mounted on the left hand side of the handlebars, so my position was central enough to take what road was available . Looking at the gap between my left hand curb and her road position, I don't think it would have made any difference. She just couldn't get her head around waiting 2 seconds for a bike, right of way or not.)

Report to the police with a copy of the video. Immidiately.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Would you believe this is just outside Bollo Jr's school gates, and this is just the start of the afternoon school run?

I also live very close to the school so I get the 'full benefit' of the traffic. Despite constant appeals from the school and our residents' association for more considerate parking and safer driving, the morning and evening runs are frightening.

I saw a brilliant piece on road safety outside schools on one of those Police programs, possibly Police, Camera Action.

A couple of officers manned a radar gun outside a schools gates and every car they caught speeding was pulled over, and the driver forced to expain to the children why they considered their journey more important that the childrens lives.

the spluttering and stammering produced when trying to expain to 30-odd primaryshool children, their teachers and parents, why they thought it was acceptable to speed past the school gates was brilliant.

Or screech to a stop in the middle of the lane, delicately flicking the rear of the bike round. Whipping your Desert Eagle .50 from your jersey pocket and telling her to "back the f*ck up"/.

:sad: ;) :biggrin: :sad: :wacko: :biggrin: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I love sleeping sometimes

Or screech to a stop in the middle of the lane, delicately flicking the rear of the bike round. Whipping your Desert Eagle .50 from your jersey pocket and telling her to "back the f*ck up".

:sad: ;) :biggrin: :sad: :wacko: :biggrin: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I love sleeping sometimes

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Anyone ever tried pulling a moonie on a driver?

They're difficult to carry, but I can usually squeeze a seventh day adventist into the panniers .... Thank you, I'm here all evening.

As for a head to head, I'd eyeballed the driver as soon as she'd pulled out, and she'd genuinely not registered my existance (Answer b is correct, but not the bit about the superpowers or Sylar). You get that sixth sense feeling that this one might be trouble, hence my flight rather than fight.

You can't see it on the vid, but she finally realised what might have happened at the would-be point of impact, and yanked the car to the left a bit to show willing.

Bokonon

Über Member
Maybe she was trying to avoid the door zone, hence being so far to her right?

I'm not suprised she didn't bother seeing you before pulling out of the side road, but she really should have seen you once she had straightened up on the road and then stopped to let you pass. Very poor observation/driving.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Jeez! I think I'd have been tempted to actually force her to stop, but she might well have just run over me... Or tuned round and chased up up the road... That would the perfect place for the line "What part of this bright yellow jacket did you not see?"

What part of Winchester is that BTW Bollo? Oh, and last time I was there, I saw those advertising bikes you were having a moan about a while back, blocking up a sheffield stand. I was with my Mum, so I didn't go and give them a kick for you, but I gave them a mental kick, if that helps...:biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Anyone ever tried pulling a moonie on a driver?

Someone asked me this this morning as I described the various examples of idiocy I was subjected to on my commute home last night. I pointed out that I wear bibshorts so it's not possible. :biggrin:

The same person then suggested I ram a finger up my hoop, through the lycra, and then wipe it down the driver's window or windscreen.:biggrin:

Anyone done this?

Amanda P

Legendary Member
You see, you just don't get it Bollo. Se's driving a car. You're on a bike. Therefore, she is more important than you, and it's your job to get out of the way. If you don't, well, tough.

At least, that seems to be so many drivers' attitude.

I think there may be some deja vu about, or is it just me? Have I said that already?

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Arch,

This took place just outside Western Primary in Fulflood. The school has the typical school run problems and has tried most of the solutions, but it remains a bun-fight just because of the limited road space and the volume of cars trying to fit on it.

Part of the reason for getting the ATC was to capture some of the more entertaining lunacy to give weight to the school head's and residents' concerns.

PS. Thanks for giving the adbikes a mental kicking. The council appears not to 'give a flying' so I've given up and just lock-up outside the City Museum now. I did have the idea of knocking up an alternative menu for one of the main offenders in the 'Fight-Club' style. If I get some time off from earning wiggle vouchers I'll give this a go and film the results.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bollo said:
Arch,

This took place just outside Western Primary in Fulflood. The school has the typical school run problems and has tried most of the solutions, but it remains a bun-fight just because of the limited road space and the volume of cars trying to fit on it.

Cheers. Only being nosey really, becuase of my sister living down there. I always see the signs for Fulflood and get confused, because here in York we have a Fulford, parts of which often flood... (and I see one such part has just been bought up for housing... <sigh>)

Part of the reason for getting the ATC was to capture some of the more entertaining lunacy to give weight to the school head's and residents' concerns.

Excellent idea.

PS. Thanks for giving the adbikes a mental kicking. The council appears not to 'give a flying' so I've given up and just lock-up outside the City Museum now. I did have the idea of knocking up an alternative menu for one of the main offenders in the 'Fight-Club' style. If I get some time off from earning wiggle vouchers I'll give this a go and film the results.

hee hee. A friend once rescued a large restaurant blackboard from a skip, and we always meant to write comedy menus on it - Haddock a la Turpentine, Tarte au Citroen, that sort of thing... Never quite got round to it...

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Fulford, parts of which often flood
We're up a bu**er of a hill about 80m above sea level, but it doesn't stop insurance companies calling "Jimmy chin-on" when you say the name doesn't mean we're underwater every time it rains.

As for the school run, this evening was like a motorised insane asylum. The parking just ran out, so the drivers were just parking up the pavement, forcing all the walking parents and kids first out to walk on the road.

(Shakes head like an old lady regarding the latest Daily Mail headline)

Top Bottom