Views changed by online helmet discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

I started this thread with two things on my mind:

1. To see if anyone had been genuinely swayed. I was surprised by the candour of some responses. Thank you.

2. To see how long it would take some members of the online community to start being offensive to one another.

Ummm... Thanks for the help with that too.... I think....

:rolleyes:
not surprised are you? there are people here that attempt to ridicule anyone who has a different opinion

when i post this kind of thing im told to MTFU or swore at, when i point out somebody told lies about me im told im out of order!

Norm

Please don't drag stuff between threads.

If you want to continue that discussion (please God tell me that you don't, but anyway) then do it on that thread rather than polluting another one.

david k

Hi
i dont apologise, if people are going to have a go at me, my views and misrepresent my posts then im going to defend myself.

if people wish to debate issues with mutual respect then great, they will get the same in return, however despite requesting this numerous times it doesnt appear to be present

david k

Hi
so back to topic,

it doesnt appear many have changed their minds, however from those who have they have stopped wearing a helmet. IMO i havnt seen anything that has convinced me they are not of benefit. The posts may have made me realise their limitations but TBH i already knew them, who would think a small cycle helmet would offer protection in a big fall, collision with a car or similar?

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
i dont apologise, if people are going to have a go at me, my views and misrepresent my posts then im going to defend myself.

if people wish to debate issues with mutual respect then great, they will get the same in return, however despite requesting this numerous times it doesnt appear to be present

Respect needs to be earned

"i do not need to have evidence before 'popping' up with belief and views"

is never going to earn respect .

david k

Hi
Respect needs to be earned

"i do not need to have evidence before 'popping' up with belief and views"

is never going to earn respect .

i dont ridicule or disrespect people before offering respect to them. i dont think it must be earned i offer it to people automatically unless they conduct their selves inappropriately then they loose it.

because i dont think the evidence is worthy enough to change my decision to wear a helmet you state that i must not be respected, very sad that this is your view towards other human beings

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
i dont ridicule or disrespect people before offering respect to them. i dont think it must be earned i offer it to people automatically unless they conduct their selves inappropriately then they loose it.

because i dont think the evidence is worthy enough to change my decision to wear a helmet you state that i must not be respected, very sad that this is your view towards other human beings

I was going to answer, but then realised that you are more than capable of making my case, of respect needing to be earned without me.

david k

Hi
I was going to answer, but then realised that you are more than capable of making my case, of respect needing to be earned without me.
you did answer?

rowan 46

Über Member
I haven't changed my views. I wear one because my family like me to I still don't like them personally but I'll put up with stuff for a quiet life at home. I don't believe that a helmet is going to save my life except in very unusual and limited circumstances. Neither am I convinced that my helmet is going to kill me except in very unusual and limited circumstances as neither scenario is very likely I opt for no grief from the family.

lukesdad

I haven't changed my views. I wear one because my family like me to I still don't like them personally but I'll put up with stuff for a quiet life at home. I don't believe that a helmet is going to save my life except in very unusual and limited circumstances. Neither am I convinced that my helmet is going to kill me except in very unusual and limited circumstances as neither scenario is very likely I opt for no grief from the family.

Good answer :thumbsup:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
not surprised are you? there are people here that attempt to ridicule anyone who has a different opinion

when i post this kind of thing im told to MTFU or swore at, when i point out somebody told lies about me im told im out of order!

Oi, MTFU david k, oh, and you're out of order ...

Impossible to reason with a person who continually misrepresents somebody elses views to meet their own agenda (a well known troll technique), well thats the political response, mine is much simpler, you are a liar

I was in two minds whether to respond to yet another accusation by David K that I am a liar and misrepresenting his posts, but have decided in this case that the accusation is bizarre enough not to even be worth challenging.

The evidence is in the previous posts and there for all to read, make up your own minds about the veracity of these accusations and the moral integrity of the person making the allegations.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Oooh, blah blah... he said, she said... blah blah.

Get a room.. or a different thread at least. :rolleyes:

As for me, in response to the OP... I'm sure there is a lot of evidence that helmets can both help or hinder depending on the circumstances of a crash... I wear one as I tell my Daughter's too (aged 7 and 4) and it's easier for them to see Daddy wearing one and just do it... and they are far more likely than I am to fall off and bang their heads.. and also I'm so used to wearing it now that it feels bloody odd/cold if I don't!! :biggrin: I also (when I get the cable sorted out) wear a helmet camera so it makes that much easier too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom