Views on (Fend) / folding bicycle helmets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

snazpizaz

hi
@Drago - actually no - i don't mean that - but clearly you do !
It's not a discourse i have great familiarity with to be honest so i don't hold strong opinion. My view is that start ups will have research and all research carries some degree of un/concious bias. Whether the masses do or don't wear helmets or which one's they wear are not going to effect the choices i am trying to make.
  • I've arrived at the decision to invest in a helmet because i want to.
  • I'm favouring the park and diamond as a basic protector because i don't want to wear 6 tons of star wars set on my head when i go on a cycle.
  • sp 👅

icowden

Veteran
Because there are no such incidents?:wacko:
As any fule kno, wearing a helmet entirely prevents any head injury.

False correlation. I'm not sure anyone has ever suggested that wearing a helmet entirely prevents head injury. Equally I'd be unsurprised if someone was inspired to try and design a better helmet after they or a loved one was badly injured whilst wearing a helmet. In fact this happens in almost every field of endeavour. F1 drivers have changes to the cars to improve safety, year on year for example. There is no "it's already safe enough".

This company do appear to have looked at normal helmets and thought not just "how can we make it more compact and portable" but also "how can we make it better and safer". The short video showing the force distribution suggests a degree of understanding of forces and the importance of distributing them to reduce the overall point of impact. Each iteration of new helmet design brings improvement.

Top Bottom