Viking racing bike (Ian Steel)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Not that I really have the space but I couldn't resist! My new addition is a Viking 'Ian Steel' model which I think is from 1959 or 1960. 531 frame, Campag Gran Sport gears, Nervex stuff and a nice Lysette leather seat. Will post some photo's tomorrow. Anyone else got one of these old Vikings?

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Here are a few photo's of the Viking, it's not in bad condition considering the age. I had a go at the seat and chrome last night, so it's looking slightly better. Will continue the cleaning later:smile: 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Hi all,

Thanks for the comments, I must admit I had to look up Ian Steel but nice to find out a little about him and his successes in the 50's. The chrome wheels seem to be coming up reasonably well using the tin foil trick! will get a couple more photo's up soon.

OP
OP
W

Warny

Über Member
Cheers, when the Spring weather arrives I'll look forward to taking it out for a spin. Will post some newer photos then too.

chickendrumsticks

Nice one Mark. Here's yours truly on my Ian Steel in the mid sixties! It was a hand-me-down from Dad who'd treated himself to a "Severn Valley" A few years later I swapped it for a Riley 1.5 that my uncle owned. Yes, that's right - swapped it for a car!

Regretted it ever since... I'd love to be the owner of another, so would you pm me if yours becomes available please?

I see we're not too distant from each other so I'd be happy to come and take a look if possible.

Andrew

Last edited:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
View attachment 489060

Nice one Mark. Here's yours truly on my Ian Steel in the mid sixties! It was a hand-me-down from Dad who'd treated himself to a "Severn Valley" A few years later I swapped it for a Riley 1.5 that my uncle owned. Yes, that's right - swapped it for a car!

Regretted it ever since... I'd love to be the owner of another, so would you pm me if yours becomes available please?

I see we're not too distant from each other so I'd be happy to come and take a look if possible.

Andrew
Might be worth getting in first and PM him asap.

Top Bottom