Vintage Falcon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Now been stripped, cleaned, all bearings etc checked. Just waiting for brake blocks and then back on the road.
DSCF6412.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF6413.JPG
    DSCF6413.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 21

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's a stunner @Charliesniff Brings back memories of my early teens when they were much admired.
I would junk the suicide levers but I guess you want to keep it period

Mandobob

That's a nice job you've done there. Great to see Falcons being put back on the road. Do you know what model it is - I note it is a R501 frame which might make it an Oxford?

jmahon5049

Got a vintage falcon road bike. Think it’s a 1980s Tour de France replica but not too sure. Can anyone give me a valuation pls

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 23

Mandobob

I think it is a very late 1980s Team, but not a team replica. The 1988 catalogue is the first one I have seen with the triangular head badge and the 1989 catalogue uses this style of colour scheme. This model is not in the catalogues and it probably has the Falcon 770 steel frame as most models in that timescale. (By this time they had stopped making anything better than a few models with 501 main tubes) It looks to be in pretty good condition for its age and therefore a good commuter machine. On Gumtree or eBay I guess £150 - £200ish?

Top Bottom