"Vintage" water bottle holder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
£35 reduced from £50! The giraffe thread is that way →

Oldfentiger

Veteran
If you fancied the bottles fentiger I can recommend a source of some cheaper stainless steel bottles.
Thanks. I'm dithering at the moment. I'm building up a bike on a nice Rotrax frame I acquired recently. Trying to decide whether to go for the double handlebar mount cage in the OP, or to drill & rivnut the frame for a single cage.
Could you send me the link for the S/S bottles please?

southcoast

Über Member
Thanks. I'm dithering at the moment. I'm building up a bike on a nice Rotrax frame I acquired recently. Trying to decide whether to go for the double handlebar mount cage in the OP, or to drill & rivnut the frame for a single cage.
Could you send me the link for the S/S bottles please?

Why not just have a clamp on bottle cage on the down tube? You could put helicopter tape on first, if you were worried about damaging the paint.

https://www.velovitality.co.uk/products/velo-orange-water-bottle-cage-clamps

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Why not just have a clamp on bottle cage on the down tube? You could put helicopter tape on first, if you were worried about damaging the paint.

https://www.velovitality.co.uk/products/velo-orange-water-bottle-cage-clamps
Thanks for your suggestion :thumbsup:
I tried that method on another bike. I nipped the clamp up so as not to damage the helicopter tape, but in use the clamp shifted so i tightened it more.
The helicopter tape puckered and looked rubbish. Peeled the tape off, which unfortunately damaged part of a decal beneath.
Since then I've rivnutted bottle cage mounts.
As this is an older frame (1949), I'm thinking that the handlebar mounts may be more appropriate, hence my current dithering. No rush, as I've a few more bits to source before I need to decide.

Top Bottom