Vintage women's raleigh .. help on model

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yamyamsteve

Regular
IMG_8380.JPG
IMG_8381.JPG
IMG_8382.JPG
IMG_8384.JPG
IMG_8385.JPG
IMG_8386.JPG
IMG_8388.JPG
IMG_8389.JPG
IMG_8390.JPG
IMG_8377.JPG
Can anyone help me on what model this raleigh women's bike is?? Plan is to restore for the wife but can't find what model it is ? Any help appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm sure our resident Raleigh experts will soon have it sussed.

OP
OP
Yamyamsteve

Yamyamsteve

Regular
Cheers ... bike is in a fairly sound condition knowing the model would be an advantage so can get decals etc sorted

classic33

Leg End Member
Are the cotter pins worn, or is it just the picture?

Raleigh Esquire 21 - 22 Inch Ladies Bike?
@1980

Last edited:
OP
OP
Yamyamsteve

Yamyamsteve

Regular
Not a clue to be honest about pins .. first restoration so ur guess as good as mine .. thanks for suggestion will look into it

OP
OP
Yamyamsteve

Yamyamsteve

Regular
Is there likely to be a frame number somewhere on bike I could use to search for model type?

OP
OP
Yamyamsteve

Yamyamsteve

Regular
Will have a look tomorrow and possibly post some more pics .... thanks for such a great response never thought would get so many replies if I'm honest !

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Is there likely to be a frame number somewhere on bike I could use to search for model type?
The frame number might help, it might not. Raleigh's frame numbering system went a bit to cock in the 80s which is why @classic33 asked about the numbers on the rear hub (All British made Sturmey Archer hubs are dated)

I'm guessing nobody can see the posted pic yet as I'm waiting to be approved

The picture is up fine we just can't see much detail. The model is likely to be the decal on the Chainguard but Raleigh did a lot of 'badge engineering' on their bikes where the only difference was the paint scheme and the transfers although the fork on yours seems to be of the 'posh' end of their 'Roadster' range with the Chrome caps.

OP
OP
Yamyamsteve

Yamyamsteve

Regular
Thanks guys have uploaded some more pics ... on the rear hub there is sturmey and archer then A.W. then the numbers. 65 5. There is also a frame number where seat post enters frame which I think says 23137 with OG underneath .. bit hard to see in pic

Top Bottom