Virgin Media.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well our monthly bill arrived via e mail.Mrs P checked it out and there was no mention of a refund for the one week of 'outage' in our area.So she contacted them this morning.She was not satisfied with the youngman's answer to her questioning ,so she asked to be put through to the cancellations dept.At the end of that conversation we got a £27 refund on last month's bill and a reduction of nearly one third off the bill for a year.We might have losr some tv channels,we will check later,but now we can spread the work and cost of leaving over the next twelve months.First will be an aerial ,then telly and finally a freeview box.All cost spread out over the twelve months Feb 2021 we will not be with Virgin.Now another thing i am expecting an e bay delivery today and it is now 12-22 and our Postperson has not been sighted in the street yey.What a crappy service they are giving now,Back in 72 when i began my journey we had done TWO DELIVERIES by this time.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Well done for persevering. It seems all companies now try to increase bills each year, hoping that people won't notice or will simply suck it up.

classic33

Leg End Member
They used to be finishing at this time, having done both rounds. The only ones still delivering would be covering for others.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Now another thing i am expecting an e bay delivery today and it is now 12-22 and our Postperson has not been sighted in the street yey.What a crappy service they are giving now,Back in 72 when i began my journey we had done TWO DELIVERIES by this time.

Later start times now for posties and no job and finish. No second delivery as everything goes out on the first one. Times a changing.

pawl

Legendary Member
Is this a pantomime? :whistle:

Oh no, he isn't! :laugh:

(He says that he is, but in December he will announce that despite everything he said and his best efforts, it hasn't happened, and it isn't his fault!)

Oh yes he is.

He’s behind you🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Just checked telly channels,we have lost HD and BT Sports channels,am i bovvered ,do i look bovvered.Looking forward to next year and getting rid of Virgin altogether,and i have found Freeview in our area has it's own dedicated sports channel with ten free games live.112 channels in all plus radio.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Just checked telly channels,we have lost HD and BT Sports channels,am i bovvered ,do i look bovvered.Looking forward to next year and getting rid of Virgin altogether,and i have found Freeview in our area has it's own dedicated sports channel with ten free games live.112 channels in all plus radio.
You are probably on the full Freeview service from Emley Moor where you are in Leeds. The Calder Valley gets fobbed off with 'Freeview Lite' from our local transmitters! We just get the main channels and a subset of the extra ones. (I didn't even have an aerial on the roof of this rental property but there was already a Sky dish so I went for Freesat.)

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Personally I have virgin media myself , internet side of things is night and day better than anything over the BT line I had. That’s the most important part! Will see what deal I can get when renewal comes in April. Might have to ditch the TV channels though .

Top Bottom