Virgin Media

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was asked to sort out my MiL's virgin media account a few months ago - they were charging her for a mobile that wasn't in use and an extra box etc....

Took me a good while to sort out. PITA but we got there.

Mobile bill came through today + £30 of calls for the pleasure of dialling them for just less than 30 minutes.

To add insult to injury - I'm on Virgin myself but our landline number has somehow changed its number - thanks VM. I guess if I had used that I wouldn't have paid - but doesn't everyone use mobiles nowadays ?

£60 an hour for customer service. I bet the guys in India aren't seeing that.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Might it have been an auto-renewal that you weren't aware of? I'll have to keep an eye on that; I chnaged to VM a few months ago and got a good deal at £30/month. They threw in a VM SIM card as well - I said I wouldn't use it but they sent it anyway. My guess is that it's only free for the contract period (18months IIRC) but after that they'll charge me heavily whether I use it or not. I hope I don't forget

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I was asked to sort out my MiL's virgin media account a few months ago - they were charging her for a mobile that wasn't in use and an extra box etc....

Took me a good while to sort out. PITA but we got there.

Mobile bill came through today + £30 of calls for the pleasure of dialling them for just less than 30 minutes.

To add insult to injury - I'm on Virgin myself but our landline number has somehow changed its number - thanks VM. I guess if I had used that I wouldn't have paid - but doesn't everyone use mobiles nowadays ?

£60 an hour for customer service. I bet the guys in India aren't seeing that.
or the UK or the Philippines.....just for clarity

vickster

Legendary Member
Virgin (Media, not sure on mobile) ime are pretty good at warning when contracts will end, allowing time to threaten retentions with leaving and getting a new deal or switching before prices change

gbb

Legendary Member
Been a Virgin Media customer for many years, their TV package used to be quite good, never any lroblems....but its all turning rubbish, frequent outages, TV and wifi.
My theory ?, theyre soon introducing a super super fast broadband....wouldnt it be convenient if they dropped the quality of the existing service to 'encourage'customers to sign up for the more expensive service ?
Call me cynical....

Top Bottom