England : Tyne and Wear Virgin Money Cyclone 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Getting excited now. This was at the end of Brunton Lane this evening.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1372270487504.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1372270487504.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 54
OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Last 3 times have ranged between 6.45 and 7.30 hrs riding time, plus stops.

Good going that mate. If I make it round in 8 hours I'll be delighted!

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
I did a century in 7 and a bit hours last year, but it was relatively flat (5000ft climbing). Mind, I'm fitter now!

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well, the machine is lubed, tweaked, has had its nuts tightened and is ready to go on Saturday...
and I had a look at the bike too :thumbsup:

Just spent a coupla hours making sure it's all in order (nowt to sing about, it's an 8 yr old Giant roadie)
Bit worried about one of my tyres, actually... a bit worn in one spot...would be happier getting a new one, but no time to get/put on, really

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Me too! Two pints and a load of scran. Just got to put my number on and pump up the tyres, then it's chill-out time. Best of luck.

AndyRM

XOXO
Enjoy the day lads!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Have a blast everyone... We're down in Barnard Castle for the day, but I'm wishing I was doing the 63 again, but as we're saving the £50 that it costs MrsA_T and me to enter... perhaps we'll go for a meal on Saturday night instead! Rather sponsor friends for other things... like Mickle!

Besides which we can do it all year round for nothing! [sounds a bit mean-spirited, but y'know what I mean]

AndyRM

XOXO
How did you chaps get on? Bit annoyed as they had a problem with the timing stations, so I don't yet know my proper time. Just over 4 hours I think!

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Well done Fnaar. I managed a 7hr 49, so I'm chuffed. I had to stop on that brutal climb just before Wark, but managed to get going again. I also had to walk up most of the first Ryal. Both climbs are do-able for me, but not with Bilsmoor and Troughend Common in my legs!

Great day all told. Just got home.

Top Bottom