'Virtual Glastonbury'? Anyone missing the real thing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am.
May well have just sat in The Glade partaking of a few ciders given the heat. The iPlayer set list is going down a treat though. Cure and Radiohead on later.
Ticket in the bank for next year, so not all doom and gloom. Cheers all :okay:

Brandane

Legendary Member
I wouldn't want to go to the real thing, but enjoy watching as much as I can on TV..
Thanks for the tip-off, must get it up on i-player, with TV sound wired through the hi-fi. :okay:

winjim

Smash the cistern
Radio 6's floor to ceiling Glastonbury coverage every year reminds me how much I appreciate the art of studio production.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just watched Elbow at Glasto... bloody marvellous
Got a bit of Jackie on the Hifi as my own 'festival'

View: https://youtu.be/8Rl2JQemvG0

Seems relevant to 'Glasto' :ohmy:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
“You call Glastonbury “Glasto”
You’d like to go there one day
When they’ve put up the gun towers
To keep the hippies away”
I went there twice in the 80s, before the steel fences and gun towers went up, one of my best experiences was when Robert Cray played at 8:30/9:00 O'clock, it had been raining all day but stopped about half an hour before he played and the clouds parted with the Sun hitting the (old burnt down) Pyramid stage as he walked to the front of the stage, almost like God had turned his spotlight on. :becool:

Never managed to get to Glasto, one of my regrets. Never set foot in Cornwall, or saw the lake district, or Loch Ness. Seen more of SE Asia than I gave of my home country. Back to Glasto, would have liked being there, but not the camping/slumming for a long weekend.
Went to Reading festival a few times, first in '78, Quo and Patti Smith. We were tanked, and bunked in both nights, them were the days.

Top Bottom