Visual Awareness of Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I'm not suggesting it's for any other purpose than what you say, but it feels the information would be of more use to a supplier of some safety equipment.

GGJ

Veteran
The survey requires me to log into a Google account before I can complete it. The less Google knows about me the better IMO

As for visual awareness, it doesn't matter what you wear, some twunt in a motorised vehicle will still cut you up stating you were invisible on your bicycle

D

Deleted member 26715

As for visual awareness, it doesn't matter what you wear, some twunt in a motorised vehicle will still cut you up stating you were invisible on your bicycle
Just like the cyclist who ran into me last Wednesday as I walked along the FOOTPATH

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I did the survey but it's really obvious that the questions are leading towards a conclusion of "Cyclists will pay up to X amount of dollars for greater visibility".

As others have said, close calls and impacts are rarely the fault of the invisible cyclist, and more often than not are the fault of the distracted or careless driver. I ride in the day mainly, I used to wear a hi viz orange reflective top when commuting but now I wear predominently black on my rides. The near misses haven't increased any.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
It's about time Shaun started asking these people a fee to post their surveys. They tap into the collective Cycle Chat knowledge for their own gains with nothing or little in return.

gavintc

Guru
It's about time Shaun started asking these people a fee to post their surveys. They tap into the collective Cycle Chat knowledge for their own gains with nothing or little in return.
It is a school project FFS. Completing it, is investing in our future. The school kid who produced this will learn from his stats and hopefully develop a greater interest in the subject.

gavintc

Guru
And are you 100% sure of that?
nope, but I can live with it.

snorri

Legendary Member
I see nothing sinister in these polls, if it helps a young person widen their knowledge, that can only be good. They might improve their techniques in composing polls rather than widening any knowledge of cycling, but what the heck^_^.
If a commercial company is using the polls in order to gain expertise in matching their product to the needs of the cycling consumer, why should we be wary?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I thought ianrauk was concerned about the individuals or organisation setting the questions in the polls rather than the techie company hosting the poll.
I can understand concerns re the latter:smile:.
Neither. I'm just peeved that people, whether individuals or companies come here just to use the Cycle Chat community without giving anything back, of which most of these don't.

Top Bottom