Vitamin K cream

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris S

Legendary Member
I've had bruising under my eye since I came off my bike 4 months ago. Various online sources recommend applying Vitamin K cream to the affected area.

From what I remember from O' Level biology your liver uses Vitamin K to help produce the proteins that are used for blood-clotting.

How can applying Vitamin K cream directly to an area reduce bruising there?

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cant answer that but.....good quality Lavender oil, a miracle cure.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Nothing can dramatically reduce bruising and don't think I'm taking the p*** but your own urine might be worth a try. My wife swears by it and I've used it for all sorts of skin ailments and it works amazingly well.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I've had bruising under my eye since I came off my bike 4 months ago. Various online sources recommend applying Vitamin K cream to the affected area.

From what I remember from O' Level biology your liver uses Vitamin K to help produce the proteins that are used for blood-clotting.

How can applying Vitamin K cream directly to an area reduce bruising there?
I'm quite impressed that you covered vitamin K in O-level Biology! Most people don't seem to have a clue about it. (It is important that I learned the basics of it because I was put on warfarin for clotting problems and that works by being a vitamin K antagonist.)

If the cream does work, I assume that it is by helping the formation of micro-clots in the superficial blood vessels in the affected area? It would make sense since a bruise is basically caused by blood leaking from damaged capillaries into tissue under the skin.

pawl

Legendary Member
There you have it, all you have to do is p!ss in your own eye :okay:

Or get someone else to do it.

OP
OP
Chris S

Chris S

Legendary Member
I'm quite impressed that you covered vitamin K in O-level Biology! Most people don't seem to have a clue about it. (It is important that I learned the basics of it because I was put on warfarin for clotting problems and that works by being a vitamin K antagonist.)

If the cream does work, I assume that it is by helping the formation of micro-clots in the superficial blood vessels in the affected area? It would make sense since a bruise is basically caused by blood leaking from damaged capillaries into tissue under the skin.

I'd have thought the vitamin K would have had to make its way back to the liver where the blood-clotting proteins are synthesized and that these would then have to make their way back to the affected area. It didn't make sense.

However, vitamin K cream facilitating blood clots locally would.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd try massaging the affected area. I used to get bruising when i squeezed blackheads out my pours. I sometimes squeezed too hard which resulted in bruising. I'd rub the area for about 5 minutes every now and then. Honestly,it did seem to remove the unwanted blood cells. If that doesn't work try a bit of same skin tone make-up. They make lipstick type ones to cover up spots and ...small bruises etc.

Top Bottom