Vittoria Rubinos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HB_Dude

Well I have to say I love them, been my tyre if choice for a couple of years now..... Be interesting to see how they cope with my up coming commuting!
I've never had any issues getting them in it off my rims, I think the set test are in now I popped on by hand.

Im needing new tyres on my bike im going to be doing the 3 cities cycle, im just so unsure on what tyres to put on my road bike. I seen these the other day in my local Decathlon. If anyone can give me some advice it would be much appreciated, Im still a newbie

OK, I think I can say with some authority Rubinos last 5,387.5km - approximately.

Today I was coming from Cambridge towards central London down the A1010. I think I must have ridden over something nasty in Shoreditch. Had a front wheel puncture in Shoreditch, and about 15km further on, a rear wheel puncture.

So replace your Rubinos at 5,380.0, and you should be fine :-)

Can I use Hai Karate? :tongue:
Yes if you can still find some ... :smile:

Vale, rubino rear tyre. At around 1pm today, aged 6,940km my faithful old rear tyre lapsed into it's final coma. Much to @vickster's annoyance.

Thought I'd finish the story here. My £11 rubino finally failed today. After over a year and just under 7,000km it flatted today because it had worn through it's casing (guess who doesn't check her tyres regularly). So that's 7,000km of mostly roads with a few gravel or ash trails and much rough London roads in all weathers; with one snake bite puncture, one proper puncture and today's completely avoidable final failure. A Lezyne tyre boot allowed me to get home today.

And it gave @vickster and I me a good excuse not to go up Box Hill.

(I'll swap the front tyre to the rear, and put one of the previous tyres (3000km old) on the front, so tracking future life will require a spreadsheet. But I think I will stick to Rubinos at 14p/100km**, rear tyre, and less for the front)

** based on current wiggle price

IMG_20140920_190459161.jpg

time to die

Last edited:

LimeBurn

Über Member
I have them on my focus izalco and they have been super reliable, good grip, Ok in the wet, hard wearing. No punctures as yet....touch wood. I have had no problems putting them on and off as I dont use them when I'm on the turbo trainer.

(I'll swap the front tyre to the rear, and put one of the previous tyres (3000km old) on the front, so tracking future life will require a spreadsheet. But I think I will stick to Rubinos at 14p/100km**, rear tyre, and less for the front)
Decided it's time to retire this tyre as it got a p*ncture today from glass and I found lots of cuts and another piece of glass in it.

Still, not bad as that totals 7000km as a front tyre, and another 2000km as a rear tyre.

Aside number 1: @vickster told me to buy a new one earlier today; so either she is psychic, or she cursed my tyre. Either way she's a witch: burn her!

Aside number 2: my ride today was a little over 20km after dark in the freezing cold. Tried Richmond Park, but the fog was too heavy, so went back on the main roads. But the p-fairy was kind to me, the tyre flattened 4 doors away when I was nearly home.

Top Bottom