Vitus 787 Futural Cx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Normally when you come back from a holiday you bring a kiss me quick hat or such .

But with the help of @woodbutcher and @Cycleops I came back with a Vitus 787 Futural Cx !

IMG_20190520_163943305.jpg
IMG_20190520_163914511.jpg
IMG_20190520_163952541.jpg
IMG_20190520_163956577.jpg

Only had a 1.5 miles around the block to start with before having to replace the front tyre and true the front wheel a bit .

Will be interesting to see how I get on .

woodbutcher

Veteran
Normally when you come back from a holiday you bring a kiss me quick hat or such .

But with the help of @woodbutcher and @Cycleops I came back with a Vitus 787 Futural Cx !

View attachment 467306 View attachment 467307 View attachment 467308 View attachment 467309

Only had a 1.5 miles around the block to start with before having to replace the front tyre and true the front wheel a bit .

Great start Mr.B , look forward to more progress reports ^_^

otek59

View attachment 467306 View attachment 467307 View attachment 467308 View attachment 467309

That’s just superb,I take it the gift shop was out of stuffed donkeys and sombreros.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Nice find, I always liked the look of the Vitus frames, locking at the chainset I bet it hasn't seen much CX

From what the gent said i got it off the chainset was fitted just prior to him hanging his helmet up 5 years ago , and prior to that in his own words it was his local cycling groups " club bike" which makes me feel rather sad :sad:

Had a measure of the rear drop out's this morning which are 130 as i want to put a nicer set of wheels on it , so a set i have in the loft should fit when i find them

otek59

Afraid so
Well it’s not too bad as second choices go

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Slowly been doing little adjustments here and there on this when time allows me .
Being used today for commuting duties so should see between 8 - 10 miles which will easily make it longest ride to date ^_^
Getting used to the bar end shifting which is nice and easy to operate .
Still got a few things to do before taking longer rides but no rush when there is an Aende , Shorter , Hardisty ,Tec Bike amongst others ^_^

Top Bottom