Vitus 787 Futural Cx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lovely looking bike:okay:

On the subject of Futurals calling @woodbutcher this is a good size but may be a bit of a trek across rance (or an off peak TGV trip)

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1620743536.htm/

That looks a very fair price and machine

Last edited:

woodbutcher

Veteran
I knew you were a fair distance away from Rennes but 600km! It's easy to forget how big France is . I'll keep my eyes open for something closer to you^_^
Toulouse area is always good, lots of cycle crazy folk around there and because l can take the TGV from Cahors . It is much quicker than by car and probably cheaper than the cost of diesel. Not only that you can take your bike for free ! Not a bad place to live France ^_^

Toulouse area is always good, lots of cycle crazy folk around there and because l can take the TGV from Cahors . It is much quicker than by car and probably cheaper than the cost of diesel. Not only that you can take your bike for free ! Not a bad place to live France ^_^

There's an interesting looking Raseza for sale in Toulouse for buttons but I fear it will be too big for you.

woodbutcher

Veteran
There's an interesting looking Raseza for sale in Toulouse for buttons but I fear it will be too big for you.
My max frame size is 52cm c/c and 50cm works really well , if l try anything bigger l just get a load of stick from my buddy Thierry Tran Duc who runs the bike shop and various cycling events around here. The French can be so pedantic don"t you know !
The really annoying thing is that he is right, l am 1.70 tall and inseam is 74 cm. I have learned that yes of course l can ride a 54 or 55 cm frame but nowhere as effectively as one that really fits properly.
On another C/C thread l was talking about a bike l bought from a TDF rider called Sam Dumoulin ( no relation to Tom) . He is 1.59 tall and weighs about 56kg. he rides for AG2R Mondiale . His race bikes are very small but that doesn't stop him being a first class pro rider.
This is the bike l bought , much to big for him and a bit to big for me but great fun to ride ( even badly) :bicycle:
IMG_0769.jpg

and a futural which is probably too small, but the price is even smaller!

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1615316761.htm/
My max frame size is 52cm c/c and 50cm works really well , if l try anything bigger l just get a load of stick from my buddy Thierry Tran Duc who runs the bike shop and various cycling events around here. The French can be so pedantic don"t you know !
The really annoying thing is that he is right, l am 1.70 tall and inseam is 74 cm. I have learned that yes of course l can ride a 54 or 55 cm frame but nowhere as effectively as one that really fits properly.
On another C/C thread l was talking about a bike l bought from a TDF rider called Sam Dumoulin ( no relation to Tom) . He is 1.59 tall and weighs about 56kg. he rides for AG2R Mondiale . His race bikes are very small but that doesn't stop him being a first class pro rider.
This is the bike l bought , much to big for him and a bit to big for me but great fun to ride ( even badly) :bicycle:
View attachment 467821

Very nice TVT,:okay:

Leboncoin has a 50 Cm Futural for sale in Toulouse for 100 euro :evil:^_^

woodbutcher

Veteran
and a futural which is probably too small, but the price is even smaller!

https://www.leboncoin.fr/velos/1615316761.htm/

Very nice TVT,:okay:

Leboncoin has a 50 Cm Futural for sale in Toulouse for 100 euro :evil:^_^
It is a bit like buses, you wait for ages ...nothing , then three come all at the same time !
As a matter of fact l do have a futural in my size which l am building up to my spec.
Not with that saddle though, lve gone all up market with a Sell Italia Flight :whistle:
IMG_1218.jpg

woodbutcher

Veteran
:bravo::okay:

Very nice, and with Shamals too...and a triple chain ring, I like it when bling and function come together.
Ive been wiring it up today but encountered a few problems with the campagnolo chorus carbon shifters. The old cables are a bit stuck and l can't use them because they aren't long enough. I did think about chucking the shifters back in a drawer until l saw the prices being demanded on the internet, holy smoke !! However Mr Biggs came up with a method for freeing the old cables so thats what l am up to :smile:

Top Bottom