Vitus 787 Futural Cx

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
I'll bet , and how do you get on with import duty, or do you leave that to the buyer to sort out ?

Well that is the strange thing all quotes seen have not mentioned any

woodbutcher

Veteran
Well that is the strange thing all quotes seen have not mentioned any
That may be because any duty payable is the responsibility of the purchaser, as l found out when l bought a solar powered water pump from the USA. It added about £70 to the price and the delivery company wouldn't leave it with me until l payed up :whistle:

woodbutcher

Veteran
my mate imports a lot of vintage drums from around the world including America, he usually asks the seller to mark the item as a gift with a low value, reducing the import duty, but these are people he deals with on a regular basis.
Yep! l have used that idea once in a while for small packages but you never know when some over zealous customs official will get curious and l have had packages opened and examined and then re packed in a very unsafe manner, fortunately nothing got broken or was missing.....luck of the draw l guess !

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Had time this morning to get in the loft to find the Mavic sup rimmed wheels that are laced to 600 tricolour hubs .

IMG_20190527_192344903.jpg

I think it looks better next job is to see what cranks I have then it's a swap over to a pr of 600 tricolour mechs if staying on a double .

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just back from the first ride on the new to Vitus wheels , intention was to do a short and slow 6 miles to make sure all was good .

Ended up doing 11+ miles at a good old lick with a lad on a Canyon who i met in the first mile , needless to say all went well with the wheels .

IMG_20190529_052347802.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Dragged this fine machine out this morning and ended up doing 24 damp undertyre miles
I have decided it only knows one speed and that is fast all the way as it really flies along compared to a lot of my other machines , still need to sort the braking out along with the crankset .

PHL67

Veteran
Normally when you come back from a holiday you bring a kiss me quick hat or such .

But with the help of @woodbutcher and @Cycleops I came back with a Vitus 787 Futural Cx !

View attachment 467306 View attachment 467307 View attachment 467308 View attachment 467309

Only had a 1.5 miles around the block to start with before having to replace the front tyre and true the front wheel a bit .

Will be interesting to see how I get on .
Very nice bike. I have a Peugeot Vitus 979. Lovely bikes.

Top Bottom